Vpn

yfs

VyperVPN works for me, mostly. No problem to access websites and Skype in middle east countries where they would otherwise be blocked. Didn't seem to work so well in China where a number of websites remained blocked. Works well in Thailand.

VyperVPN works for me, mostly. No problem to access websites and Skype in middle east countries where they would otherwise be blocked. Didn't seem to work so well in China where a number of websites remained blocked. Works well in Thailand.

RM

AFAIK Skype is not blocked in Middle East, just the acces to the home page to set up an account but not the service itself, at least that was the case last time I was in the sandbox 2 years ago. As long as one has Skype account registered before visiting there then no problems, but as I said things may have changed.

I've had a Skype account for years now but on every occasion I've been to Oman, where I am right now, it has never connected unless I use my VyperVPN connection. I have previously experienced similar problems in Abu Dhabi, though more patchy, sometimes would connect sometimes not. I never had a problem in Saudi Arabia or Qatar from memory.

• 2 weeks later...

I concur with vyprvpn,

I mainly use it to watch BBC IPlayer by fooling them I am UK based since location is user configurable.

I prefer unblock-us for watching UK or US TV players. No VPN needed or the subsequent reduction in bandwidth by going via a VPN. Their web site lets you get a free 7 day service with each new email address you send them.

I prefer unblock-us for watching UK or US TV players. No VPN needed or the subsequent reduction in bandwidth by going via a VPN. Their web site lets you get a free 7 day service with each new email address you send them.

I signed up for unblock-us, changed the DNS, restarted etc

Then when I looked up my IP online, they knew where I was and the name of my ISP here.

I thought VPNs were supposed to prevent people form accurately placing your IP.

Archived