My Return

sayjann

You have a skewed view of things, even what you write yourself.

A 'gentle nudge' does not cause an individual to lose control of his bike and drop it in the water.

I don't like idiots on the sidewalk with motorbikes any more than the next guy but it is not your obligation to teach all Thais a lesson with a 'gentle nudge' that in your words caused him to go in the street and drop his bike. He could just have easily run into a child or been hit by a moving vehicle.

ok,i bow down to your superior knowledge as what happened that day.

i realise you must have seen what happened and witnessed my violent assault on the fella.

i had left him less then a foot of space to get past me and he was more interested in revving up the bike and not that aware of other people.

and how do you know a 'gentle nudge' did'nt cause the problem?.

but i understand you are quite happy with someone WALKING on the pavement getting hurt as long as the poor Thai man was driving in a dangerous manner....each to their own.

as i said,Bangla was very quiet of traffic and this particular road was the same.

and where did i say it was 'my obligation to teach all Thai's a lesson'?.

i'm a placid person who would rather run away from confrontation but certain things just get under my skin.

only 2 days left of my tales but do i see the point?.

i assume i will be branded a cretin for treating a good lady to a night out of around 5 hours for a small sum of 1500bt.

after all that is a vast sum of cash to spend on a BG.

Sajann

take care walking in the water also, especially if you can't see whats under it, lots of bad electrical connections lurking just under the tiles.

And don't forget the shit, piss and other nasty things that'll be in the water.

Normal Thai water is suspect at the best of times.

You get contaminated water into a cut on your feet and the motorbikes will the least of your troubles.

And don't forget the shit, piss and other nasty things that'll be in the water.

Normal Thai water is suspect at the best of times.

You get contaminated water into a cut on your feet and the motorbikes will the least of your troubles.

i certainly understand your point but i was aware of things.

a few Years ago Kathu district decided to upgrade the drains and chaos reigned as the roads were dug up.

new drains did'nt seem to work then and not perfaect now.

but the volume of water might have been the problem,as soon as the rain stopped the water drained off so quickly.

i found walking in floods in the roads easier as i had to step onwards more carefully and not rush around.

i know of the dangers of all sorts of nasty things lurking in the water but not a lot you can do about it if you cannot see it.

i used to see the normal stuff like paper or plastic bottles floating down the road but nothing more sinister.

but a lot of rats about as they came up to the surface.

i certainly understand your point but i was aware of things.

a few Years ago Kathu district decided to upgrade the drains and chaos reigned as the roads were dug up.

new drains did'nt seem to work then and not perfaect now.

but the volume of water might have been the problem,as soon as the rain stopped the water drained off so quickly.

i found walking in floods in the roads easier as i had to step onwards more carefully and not rush around.

i know of the dangers of all sorts of nasty things lurking in the water but not a lot you can do about it if you cannot see it.

i used to see the normal stuff like paper or plastic bottles floating down the road but nothing more sinister.

but a lot of rats about as they came up to the surface.

There was this famous Thai pop star who fell into a Klong (with his car if I remember right) and who died of a brain infection after he swallow the polluted water. skull.gif

Ah, yes, here is the original story: http://www.nationmul...al_30038479.php

There was this famous Thai pop star who fell into a Klong (with his car if I remember right) and who died of a brain infection after he swallow the polluted water.

thankfully i would never dream of driving in Thailand.

i like to think i'm a safe driver but it's other people who may cause the problem.

i prefer to walk around and if need be take a motorbike which is probably more dangerous.

and in the areas i frequent there are no Klongs,not to say there are not many around the area.

the water comment is interesting.

i will always suffer from what i call 'Thailand Tummy' at some stage.

i imagine hotels are a bit safer for the water from the taps?,but how can i be sure?.

i usually drink tap water on arrival and hope i get an upset stomach in the first few days,a better option for me.

my worst fear is being on a long-haul flight and having to run to the toilet on a regular occasion.

toilets on a plane can be awful with the queues.

so far no problems,need to go to the toilet in the first few days and afterwards i'm fine.

"i imagine hotels are a bit safer for the water from the taps?,but how can i be sure?."

Nope, my very 1st visit to LOS I turned on the tap in the hotel and worms came out (tubifex)

Even in Laos where the locals say the water is safe, I use bottled water (20litre drums, 4,000 kip/50c USD)

but you are living there and living a regular life?.

but as a tourist the sudden onset of bowel problems is not good.

I had never stomach problems, neither in LOS, Cambo (even with Khmer street food which doesn't look very trustworthy) nor in other Asian countries I have been to.

BUT I have the iron rule only to drink bottled water. In Cambo I even check that the water bottle hasn't been opened before. However, if you order Coke or so you never know what kind of water had been used for the ice cubes...

I had never stomach problems, neither in LOS, Cambo (even with Khmer street food which doesn't look very trustworthy) nor in other Asian countries I have been to.

BUT I have the iron rule only to drink bottled water. In Cambo I even check that the water bottle hasn't been opened before. However, if you order Coke or so you never know what kind of water had been used for the ice cubes...

i avoid the ice,never use it in the UK so no need abroad.

over the years i have always had bowel problems which last about 2 days and while not painful i just want to be near a toilet if and when the urge occurs.

i just find tap water gets my bowels running and after a while no problems at all.

i envy those of you who never have any problems.

There was this famous Thai pop star who fell into a Klong (with his car if I remember right) and who died of a brain infection after he swallow the polluted water. skull.gif

Ah, yes, here is the original story: http://www.nationmul...al_30038479.php

Dan as he was known as was Luk Krueng, his father and I have been close friends for over 20 years now here in Bangkok and he is still not over Dan's death

Archived