Microsoft's New Tablet - A Skinny Laptop?

Coss

What does Apple have to do with Google data centers?

They use Apple computers there.

All laptops : Mac, HP, Dell, Lenovo...are built in the same facility, same production line, same people: FoxConn. As orders fluctuate, it can happen that until lunch they build DELL, after lunch MacBooks, same conveyer, same staff.

Nope.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to talk someone in the know. Lets stretch your understanding and stream of thougts a bit further.From the same source you drain your knowledge from:

They use Apple computers there.

No, Google data centers use Russian made (actually Belarus based factory, rebadged in Ukraine and exported) computers with cyrilc displays.

It's Sergey Brin's dad (Russian immigrants into US) former small business. That is why Google employs so many Russian mathematicians.

Nope.

Apple actually builds PCs for Foxconn who is remarketing them to DELL, HP, Lenovo, Acer and others. Foxconn employs 950 thousand people in China just to repaint and rebadge what comes from Apple.

Nice to talk someone in the know. Lets stretch your understanding and stream of thougts a bit further.From the same source you drain your knowledge from:

No, Google data centers use Russian made (actually Belarus based factory, rebadged in Ukraine and exported) computers with cyrilc displays.

It's Sergey Brin's dad (Russian immigrants into US) former small business. That is why Google employs so many Russian mathematicians.

In this subject, I am in fact "in the know" as you put it. And this is not true. Like at all.

Apple actually builds PCs for Foxconn who is remarketing them to DELL, HP, Lenovo, Acer and others. Foxconn employs 950 thousand people in China just to repaint and rebadge what comes from Apple.

I will admit I am not a total expert in this. But according to the web (And Apple themselves), they source many items from different places that all come together to make, say, a MacBook Pro. Chips from taiwan, parts form China, even glass now from 3m. So to say they are all made by FoxCon (which I do not debate is a major source and assembly point esp for the iPhone, pad, ect) is not realistic.

Google builds their own servers. They have no chasis, open motherboards, fans, rackmounted. Cost probably 30$ a piece. That's common knowledge.

In 2010 they made more units for themselves than DELL for the world.

Foxconn with almost 1 million employees does buld almost 80% of world PCs, including iPhones, iPads.

Google builds their own servers. They have no chasis, open motherboards, fans, rackmounted. Cost probably 30$ a piece. That's common knowledge.

In 2010 they made more units for themselves than DELL for the world.

Some of that is correct. So where in the world did you get that junk about russian made parts and Cyrilic displays? And Sergey's dad was a college professor. (Or did you just make all that up?)

Some of that is correct. So where in the world did you get that junk about russian made parts and Cyrilic displays? And Sergey's dad was a college professor. (Or did you just make all that up?)

Of course I made it up. The whole post, ridiculing "Google data centers run Apple computers" nonsense.

How else could I respond?

Of course FoxcConn is an assembly line. That is where media dummies get disoriented and believe (and spread to even less informed) that China is an export dependent economy. Another nonsense. When the world crashed in Q1 2009. and all orders stopped due to credit crunch, China did not even sneeze.

The net export is a miniscule, close to irrelevant part of Chinese GDP.

How is that possible? After all the components have been imported from Taiwan, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and FoxConn and the likes assemble them into something, the net export is about 5% of GDP.

Of course I made it up. The whole post, ridiculing "Google data centers run Apple computers" nonsense.

How else could I respond?

Being honest would help. Making stuff up makes you look like a 15 year old and is just... well... just dumb.

I did not say, "Google data centers run Apple computers."

I was not making up that Google uses Apple computers. As I said earlier, most... say about 80% of Google code is typed and tested on Mac Pros, Airs, and MacBooks Pros. Even a slew of MacServers for testing. (Though ChromeBooks are coming on strong with the new release.) And there are a few "other" things.

It all started from my "Apple does not exist in data centres".

Then you came with something "Huh? Google DC do not work?".

What the hell Apple has to do with any data centre on the planet? Apple is a mickey mouse when it comes to computing, it's not even a computer company.

Now, you are saying they like Apple computers and test on them ? They (Google staff) personally like them and buy for their kids too or Google bets and shit portion of their business on Apple, which is minor % of what is used to access Google services? How Windows and Android stand, they outnumber Apple (including iPhone and iPad) by a large margin. Now, I could say that Android is in data centers as Google certainly tests things on it, even more than for Apple.

Is there any data centre with Android? No.

It all started from my "Apple does not exist in data centres".

Then you came with something "Huh? Google DC do not work?".

What the hell Apple has to do with any data centre on the planet? Apple is a mickey mouse when it comes to computing, it's not even a computer company.

Now, you are saying they like Apple computers and test on them ? They (Google staff) personally like them and buy for their kids too or Google bets and shit portion of their business on Apple, which is minor % of what is used to access Google services? How Windows and Android stand, they outnumber Apple (including iPhone and iPad) by a large margin. Now, I could say that Android is in data centers as Google certainly tests things on it, even more than for Apple.

Is there any data centre with Android? No.

I am not trying to be rude, but you dont sound like you have any experience with a Google DC. Because that did not even make sense. As I said, and feel free to ask others here, on this subject, I am "in the know."

Oh and also for fun, this DC runs on Apple:

http://goo.gl/maps/N3ULC

Archived