Thai Immi - Did It Again!

cavanami

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you even read my post? If you got the extension, your "Visa" is meaningless. They will only stamp you in until the date on the re-entry permit.

If indeed you are entering on a visa and getting 90 day stamps, all reports are they will still give 90 days regardless of the expiry date of the visa (which in not the re-entry permit).

TH

TH, I'm pretty thick, but even I got what you were saying from your first post. I think I will look a little more closely at that student visa for the first 12 months of my stay .... :patty:

What the "law" states, what Thai Immi does, which Thai Immi and where do not all work the same :dunno:

My visa ended on 21 June 2012. Fine and dandy, no issues here.

I got stamped in when I returned on 29 April until 21 June, OK, if that is what they are doing, OK.

Checking my 90 day report slip, I was stamped in until 24 June 2012, now explain that one? The report slip was clipped into the back of my passport and I had forgotten about it :dunno: :dunno:

I made my exit from LOS on 24 June, with no overstay charge, so I was pleased as I was expecting to pay an overstay but they didn't mention it and I stayed mum!!

Now in Penang, Malyasia, with my letter from the Thai Labor office for requesting my non-Immi visa in support of my work permit (now applied for, again).

The adventure continues....

What the "law" states, what Thai Immi does, which Thai Immi and where do not all work the same :dunno:

My visa ended on 21 June 2012. Fine and dandy, no issues here.

I got stamped in when I returned on 29 April until 21 June, OK, if that is what they are doing, OK.

Checking my 90 day report slip, I was stamped in until 24 June 2012, now explain that one? The report slip was clipped into the back of my passport and I had forgotten about it :dunno: :dunno:

I made my exit from LOS on 24 June, with no overstay charge, so I was pleased as I was expecting to pay an overstay but they didn't mention it and I stayed mum!!

Now in Penang, Malyasia, with my letter from the Thai Labor office for requesting my non-Immi visa in support of my work permit (now applied for, again).

The adventure continues....

Now I see what your misunderstanding is about.

The 90 day address report has nothing to do with your permission to stay stamp or your extension. It is a completely separate process that requires you to report your address if you stay in the country for more than 90 days. It is not how long you are allowed to stay in the country, and missing a report is not an “overstayâ€, it is missing a report and incurs a 2,000 baht fine when you go to the next report if you haven’t left and reset the address report clock. When you leave the country exit Immigration doesn’t care about the address report and they will not fine you if you are passed the date on the slip. In fact, you can take the slip out of your passport before you leave, and they don't care.

As it appears you have been to immigration about switching over to a extension based on employment, I would bet you got a 7 day extension on the expiring 21 June permission to stay stamp which is why you did not get an overstay fine when leaving on the 24th. Look in your passport and I bet there is another permitted to stay until stamp with a 28 June date on it.

TH

Negative, no extension to stay, for sure.

I quit trying to make some logical sense out of Thai Immi, makes my hair hurt!!!

When I departed LOS, they accepted the date on the 90 day check-in and no over stay fine.

For sure, my visa ended 21 June, as it is clearly stamped as such.

No worries, I have the shiny new B-visa and ready to do battle (no really) to re-apply for the work permit and the proper visa.

...but the visa I got in Penang is a paste-in that takes a whole page in the passport....grrrrrrrr...for us yanks, those pages cost some $$$, not free as they were a few years ago!

...but the visa I got in Penang is a paste-in that takes a whole page in the passport....grrrrrrrr...for us yanks, those pages cost some $$$, not free as they were a few years ago!

not only for yanks...

China visas are also getting worse; in the past one year multiple was no problem. last one was only 2 times in 3 months. Always one full page in the passport. India also one full page

need a new passport every 2 years!

Last time I removed some of the old and expired paste-in visas to make space for some more stamps...

Negative, no extension to stay, for sure.

I quit trying to make some logical sense out of Thai Immi, makes my hair hurt!!!

When I departed LOS, they accepted the date on the 90 day check-in and no over stay fine.

For sure, my visa ended 21 June, as it is clearly stamped as such.

No worries, I have the shiny new B-visa and ready to do battle (no really) to re-apply for the work permit and the proper visa.

If you have an address report slip in your passport ( Which you claimed to have), you had an extension. There is no other reason for having one as you only need to do the report if you stay in the country over 90 days and the only way to do that is to have an extension.

Here is an address report.

post-198-0-01082000-1340783470.jpg

You do indeed appear to now have a real non-Imm “B†visa in your passport issued by a consulate outside Thailand. They are always a one page paste in. I posted an example earlier.

When you entered back into Thailand, you received a 90 day permission to stay stamp. (See the photo I posted earlier). The visa is now meaningless (unless it is a multi entry, again see my photo an note the "M" under type). Forget about it, it has no value anymore.

When you get the work permit (and assuming that it is for one year) you will then go to Immigration and get a one year extension on the permission to stay stamp mentioned earlier (see photo). The date on that will be 365 days from the date you just entered. You should also go ahead and get a multi re-entry permit (see photo) . It will also have the same “until date†as the extension and you should put the number of your re-entry permit on your entry cared when you re-enter after the next time you leave.

Immigration is completely logical and the process is straightforward assuming you have the correct documents. It is you that does not understand the process mainly caused by using the wrong terminology for the various entries immigration makes in your passport.

What you blame immigration for is actually your problem, they have done everything correctly (and have changed nothing in the process) and you don’t even know it, and apparently you don’t want to, you would rather go on with your misunderstanding that allows you to blame them.

TH

What you blame immigration for is actually your problem, they have done everything correctly (and have changed nothing in the process) and you don’t even know it, and apparently you don’t want to, you would rather go on with your misunderstanding that allows you to blame them.

he has become completely Thai in his logic and argumentation! :stirthepo

My misunderstanding that last year on 19 June my retirement visa to expire 22 June I get stamped into LOS for 90 days, giving me almost 15 months on my one year retirement visa...errrr...who doesn't understand? hello...anybody out there :dunno:

If you got stamped in for 90 days each time you entered, why would you have an address report slip stapled in passport? Post a picture of what you are calling your "retirement visa". It has already been made clear to those that understand the process that what you are calling "stamped in for 90 days" is in fact the 90 days address report and not your permission to stay stamp.

TH

Archived