What Dog?

radioman

Any cooked bones can "splinter" whilst the dog chews them, causing a sharp edge which can cause internal damage. Chicken in particular but also beef, lamb and pork. Raw bones won't, but some still pose the risk of getting caught and choking the dog or causing him to vomit them back up again (usually on the newly purchased rug or couch). One reason I give mine bigger bones to knaw as she cant swallow them whole.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing Thailand...I see the soi dogs eat chicken bones by the thousands and even fish bones...all bones cooked!

In the USA it was a HUGE no - no to give dogs chicken or fish bones :dunno:

In thailand it's a huge no no to try to take a chicken bone from a soi dog....

Don't go for a Bangkaew!

We had one, would not listen, kill the neighbors chicken when he managed to get out although we live within a closed perimeter (he escaped a few times when he was faster than ourselves closing the gate and it was very difficult to catch him) he would bite anyone coming close, not a nice dog at all. Got killed by a car during his last escape.

We now have a bastard poodle that kills anything in his reach (a huge rat yesterday) but with the gate wide open won't leave the premises. He's a good guard at night (and day)

We also have a Shi-Shu(sp?)small dog, very nice, sweet but not a guardian.

Both dogs are sweet with our 17 months young girl.

Archived