What Dog?

radioman

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No decisions yet :) Luckily this is one of those domestic issues that doesn't get too much profile. It will in due course mind. Now this Bangkaew dog looks like a prospect. A bit smaller than I would prefer but the 'Thainess' might give it an edge. I like malamute's but I know they cannot handle it here, other than living in an air conditioned refrigerated freezer, something adapted for the climate would be better and an all white dog would be nice in any case. A little more to research methinks.

Hi,

"an all white dog would be nice in any case"

I hope you like washing it :)

Our dog is mostly white and spends most of his time indoors, yet still needs a bath at least once every 2 weeks. Granted it is a long-haired breed (Shih Tzu) eventhough we keep his coat fairly short.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"an all white dog would be nice in any case"

I hope you like washing it :)

Our dog is mostly white and spends most of his time indoors, yet still needs a bath at least once every 2 weeks. Granted it is a long-haired breed (Shih Tzu) eventhough we keep his coat fairly short.

Sanuk!

oh dear,i thought a macho man like yourself would have a macho looking dog.

i hope you and the family are not the sort of people who like to put ribbons in it's hair...... :yikes:

Radioman,just promise us one thing.

don't buy a poodle and shave it's legs and tail and leave the bits at the end untouched.... :nono:

when i was a teenager i used to dog walk for people.

very embarrassing for me to walk something that looked like a drowned rat..... :(

Hi,

Re the Bangkaew dog, there is at least one of them walking around here. Nice dog, but looks like it might be a halfbreed. It has similar markings as those in the pics on Google, but it's hard is a bit shorter and it looks a bit smaller.

Sanuk!

Maybe it's not fully grown yet

Hi,

oh dear,i thought a macho man like yourself would have a macho looking dog.

i hope you and the family are not the sort of people who like to put ribbons in it's hair...... :yikes:

Who gave you the idea I'm a macho man? :)

And no, we most certainly do not put ribbons in the dog's hair. We don't even keep his coat long (too annoying to keep clean and more importantly too uncomfortable for the dog). Our dog certainly doesn't look like your typical Shih Tzu.

Very smart and friendly dog though, which is much more important than the fact he's a Shih Tzu.

Sanuk!

A little research suggests the Bangkaew might not be the best choice. Seems to be very loyal but not really comfortable around strangers in general. A plain old Labrador starts to look more and more appealing (No not the meth lab - know a few girls in Pattaya that can do that trick though). Good size dog, easy to handle, easy with people, indeed no real issues.

Still would like a Newfie though.

Archived