Football Season 2012-2013

The_Munchmaster

Wenger now saying that Alex Song could leave!

When asked about the possibility of more signings, plus the departure of Song, Wenger said: "Both can happen."

I thought he was one of our best players last season! :angry:

many thoughts around that Wenger should leave.

you think he might just be in a comfort zone with a job which seems his for life?.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wenger now saying that Alex Song could leave!

When asked about the possibility of more signings, plus the departure of Song, Wenger said: "Both can happen."

I thought he was one of our best players last season! :angry:

Watching Arsenal last season, with my footballing head on rather then my red tinted glasses I would say that Song was 50 / 50 for the first part of the season, what bought him on the second half was the signing of Arteta, he was very good.

I would be more concerned if my club was to sell an Arteta type player.

I'm also not clear why he choose to go to ManU. He signs for any of the UK based interested clubs and he won't be welcome at the Emirates stadium anymore. Why not move on and go to Italy or Spain?

For whatever I care he can drop dead.

Because he had us fooled. He was never a Gooner. Its a slap in the face of the fans and the club. There are some clubs as an Arsenal player you just don't go to. He had to have approached them. Ferguson would NEVER bid on an Arsenal player unless he knew prior the guy wanted the move.

He bid for Nasri and his brother, van Nasri (my name for RvP). Alex Song is gone as well and good riddance. In some ways he's worse than either of the aforementioned. Wenger took him from little known Basia and despite everyone wanting him to be rid of Song who did not look good at all early on to the point he was booed by Gooners v. Fulham a few years ago but Wenger kept faith in him and made him the player is today. This is how he repays him?

Best we start over with committed players, even if we have to sacrifice quality.

Surprised Man Utd lost (although Everton can be very tought at home) and City had to come back to win.

Interesting season so far.

Man Utd losing against Everton was not a surprise to me.

i hate the games against teams we have a good record against,always a dread it will all go wrong.

not surprised to see RvP on the bench but when he came on it was hard to work out what his position was?.

but Everton deserved the win with their defence playing very well and Fellani being a real handful.

Everton are not a bad team and some other 'big' teams will slip up there this season.

Man Utd were hampered by injuries in defence but no excuses from me.

i would rather lose the 1st game of the season then the last....

• 2 weeks later...

As I feared, van 'Purse'ie has continued his scoring ways. I can't even bear to watch highlights. Even though I loved Pires, Henry and Cesc far more, van Purse-ie is the one former player that hurts the most when I see in another shirt. Its who he chose, why and the shock of it. Wasn't surprised about Adebayor or Nasri, they were never Gooners. van Persie was one of the last from the old guard who was around when we had the unbeaten season and took a PK against Man Utd in the '05 FA cup. At that time there was far more animosity between the teams. It really hurts. Saw a pic of him in their shirt and its like seeing George Washington in a Nazi uniform. Something so dirty and unseemly about it all.

Anyway, onward, its done. Great win over the scousers. Didn't see it coming, thought a draw was the best outcome we could hope for and prior to the game I was hoping it would be a scoring draw with Giroud scoring and if not him Podolski to quicken the settling process. Carzola is making forget Cesc. Diaby had a massive game but Carzola is becoming the squad metronome. He keeps it moving, sets the pace of the game going forward makes great passes and retains the ball well. We are blessed with midfielders. Wilshire coming back in a month or so is an added bonus. Enjoyed seeing AOC and thinking we could have sold Theo, get the money and promote AOC or buy someone until he's ready. Great team effort and I have to think the backline and the team defense has something to with Bould. We look more solid this season. No tite talk from me but I would like to see us get a domestic cup to instill some belief and whet the apetite for more.

Every time I've seen Diaby play, which obviously isn't very often, I've commented about how good he is, particularly his ball control. On Sunday he was immense and if he can stay fit for a while he'll make a big difference. :up:

PS Sickening to hear about RVP scoring a hat trick for Man U (I haven't watched his goals), but no point crying over spilt milk.

Archived