Football Season 2012-2013

The_Munchmaster

Thats why they introduced 3 points for a win so teams would be more adventurous and go for the win.Under the 2 points for a win City would be top hence Utd not drawing any games and being top with 3 losses.

yes i understand that point but rarely are Utd not adventurous for periods in a game.

it's at the back they have struggled this season but news that Vidic is almost back.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not being a football purist - when was the point system changed?

I would like to see -

a. Timeouts - say 30 second timeouts per side per half

b. Substitutions - 3 per half

c. draws only after an extra 30 minutes of added time.

you cannot change the rules of the beautiful game in one foul swoop that.... :nono:

who the fuck wants timeouts?,there are enough stopages in the game as it is where teams can regroup and get instructions from the bench.

it's taken since the 60's to get 3 subs in a game,how long do you think it would take to get 6 :dunno:

drawn games are part and parcel of the game,why change a winning formula?.

you cannot change the rules of the beautiful game in one foul swoop that.... :nono:

who the fuck wants timeouts?,there are enough stopages in the game as it is where teams can regroup and get instructions from the bench.

it's taken since the 60's to get 3 subs in a game,how long do you think it would take to get 6 :dunno:

drawn games are part and parcel of the game,why change a winning formula?.

on a different subject.

interesting to see the disharmony from the crowds at Chelsea,Arsenal and Man City games on Saturday.

the paying customers are restless and revolting.......i find it funny..... :grinyes::biggrin::elephant::hubbahubba::grinyes::cheerleader::rotl::snowlaugh:rotfl:

on a different subject.

interesting to see the disharmony from the crowds at Chelsea,Arsenal and Man City games on Saturday.

the paying customers are restless and revolting.......i find it funny..... :grinyes::biggrin::elephant::hubbahubba::grinyes::cheerleader::rotl::snowlaugh:rotfl:

Was at City and the booing was for a decision to Sub Tevez a lot of fans thought this was wrong.as Tevez was playing well.Mancini said they needed Dzeko on the field for his height at set pieces to defend against Fellani.City fans are still happy with Mancini who won City their 1st title in 44yrs when United cracked and blew an 8 point lead.People are entitled to their opinion when they have paid the admission price.

Was at City and the booing was for a decision to Sub Tevez a lot of fans thought this was wrong.as Tevez was playing well.Mancini said they needed Dzeko on the field for his height at set pieces to defend against Fellani.City fans are still happy with Mancini who won City their 1st title in 44yrs when United cracked and blew an 8 point lead.People are entitled to their opinion when they have paid the admission price.

i only saw highlights of the game and while Tevez might not have had his greatest game,he still looked the one to do that little bit of magic.

City have a great home record in the PL and they should the team which attacks more then the opposition.

Dzeko might have been bought on to look after Fellanni but that leaves a player short in an attacking sense as Fellanni is more often in the opposition half.

Chelsea were on a loser as soon as Rafa was named as interim boss,not at all popular with the Chelsea fans.

but hey,what does it matter?Roman has his plaything and he does what he wants.

Arsenal fans are acting very strange at the moment,have thay forgotten what Winger had done for them over the Years?.

chatting with an Arsenal fan today and he blamed things on those above Winger,you cannot let your best players go over a number of seasons and replace them with lower standard players.

i support Utd and i have certainly shaken my head at some of Fergie's decisions at times but he is now beginning to buy young players with the aim of building a new team in 2 Years time.

what are your thoughts about the derby on Sunday?.

i only saw highlights of the game and while Tevez might not have had his greatest game,he still looked the one to do that little bit of magic.

City have a great home record in the PL and they should the team which attacks more then the opposition.

Dzeko might have been bought on to look after Fellanni but that leaves a player short in an attacking sense as Fellanni is more often in the opposition half.

Chelsea were on a loser as soon as Rafa was named as interim boss,not at all popular with the Chelsea fans.

but hey,what does it matter?Roman has his plaything and he does what he wants.

Arsenal fans are acting very strange at the moment,have thay forgotten what Winger had done for them over the Years?.

chatting with an Arsenal fan today and he blamed things on those above Winger,you cannot let your best players go over a number of seasons and replace them with lower standard players.

i support Utd and i have certainly shaken my head at some of Fergie's decisions at times but he is now beginning to buy young players with the aim of building a new team in 2 Years time.

what are your thoughts about the derby on Sunday?.

Will be going on Sunday hopefully City win.But i know it won't be easy against Utd.Hopefully a cracking game.Hope Utd don't open a 6 point gap cause this would leave City with a difficult task to retain the Premier league title.I will go for a 1-1 draw

Will be going on Sunday hopefully City win.But i know it won't be easy against Utd.Hopefully a cracking game.Hope Utd don't open a 6 point gap cause this would leave City with a difficult task to retain the Premier league title.I will go for a 1-1 draw

i'll be in my detox programme by them and i will have to beg the staff at the clinic to find some way i can see the game if they have have Sky and they give me time off for a couple of hours to watch it.

but i get the feeling i'm gonna be out of luck....... :shakehead

I am flying out this evening for the weekend Derby my cousin "The Bertie" has got us tickets, OK we are both fast approaching 50 so we don't use the Berties and Rags insults anymore, plus we will be both be with our respective fathers so the talk will be about the game and not trading insults.

When i first started watching United it was in the heyday of "The Holy Trinity" Best, Law, Charlton but my old man saw them pre 58 and reckons that Phil Jones is the closest all round player he has seen since Duncan Edwards which is some compliment.

Looking forward to the game.

Archived