Football Season 2012-2013

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season barely over and there are some very interesting transfer rumors for Arsenal. Higuain (spelling?) from Real Madrid seems the most exciting of the lot. But we are supposedly in for a couple other attackers as well. The big wild card is who Chelsea and City bring in.

The next season could post the best opportunity that Arsenal and to a far lesser extent Tottenham have of making EPL history and getting the title. The top 3 clubs will all have new managers and presumably require a certan amount of time for their clubs and new players to adjust to the new style, tactics and changes. Arsenal will be the only fully settled side in the top 6 or so teams along with Tottenham. Its unlikely to win the title but its the best opportunity in some time.

Season barely over and there are some very interesting transfer rumors for Arsenal. Higuain (spelling?) from Real Madrid seems the most exciting of the lot. But we are supposedly in for a couple other attackers as well. The big wild card is who Chelsea and City bring in.

The next season could post the best opportunity that Arsenal and to a far lesser extent Tottenham have of making EPL history and getting the title. The top 3 clubs will all have new managers and presumably require a certan amount of time for their clubs and new players to adjust to the new style, tactics and changes. Arsenal will be the only fully settled side in the top 6 or so teams along with Tottenham. Its unlikely to win the title but its the best opportunity in some time.

agree with your thoughts but forget about MU winning anything.

the doom merchants already have Utd finishing mid-table at best due to the appointment of Moyes.

i would disagree as he knows the PL and he will know the players he is inheriting quite well as footballers.

of course he will make changes and bring in his ideas and maybe players he likes but people saying there will be an huge sale of current players leaving is laughable.

Mourinho also has an advantage as(if he goes)to Chelsea he knows the club and the set-up and even things will have changed in the background he will feel at home and he will also want to bring in his own players.

if Pelligrini goes to City then i think that will a disadvantage,unfamiler country and maybe adapting might be a problem?.

Utd do not have the best squad at the moment and i can certainly see City and Chelsea splashing the cash.

Arsenal will be an enigma,always talk that there is a fairly big kitty but the manager just seems to be hesitant in spending it,we shall see what happens there.

going to be interesting over the coming months.

I keep hearing these Rooney to Arsenal rumors by gooners and I think its silly. I see no logical reason for him to come to us. Chelsea and CIty are the only two EPL choices I see for him.

Moyes will do well but my fear for him is that they will expect him to win it next season or at least not finish worse than a close 2nd. WIth the money and the team that Chelsea have they are only lacking good managers. Had Ancellotti or Mourinho been in charge of those clubs Man Utd may not have won it or won it so easily. Benitez was never going to be accepted and I never thought Mancini was as good as some thought.

Moyes will do well but my fear for him is that they will expect him to win it next season or at least not finish worse than a close 2nd. WIth the money and the team that Chelsea have they are only lacking good managers. Had Ancellotti or Mourinho been in charge of those clubs Man Utd may not have won it or won it so easily. Benitez was never going to be accepted and I never thought Mancini was as good as some thought.

Pelligrini is reported to have a '5 trophies in 5 seasons' target,and that includes the CL.

not bad as he has not been named as manager as yet.

you are being harsh on Mancini,after all he was good and said so every time he opened his mouth.

not his fault City failed,that was down to the board,players,ballboys,groundsmen and the tea lady.

but then again he always said he was the best manager in England because he won 3 trophies in 3 seasons.

Sayjann,

I thought I read that they wanted Pellagrini to win 5 Majors in 5 Years either Premiership, FA Cup OR Champions League, not Champions League specifically, Mancini only really won 2, no one counts the Charity Shield as a Major.

On a side note, did you see the Championship Final yesterday? Zaha looked a different class, reminds me of a young Ronaldo but with more natural talent and the ability to tackle back, he will get better when playing with better players, see how he fairs in the Euro U21's next month and hopefully he can join up with United on pre season tour.

'Unless Rooney was prepared to take a very substantial cut in salary then Arsenal would never buy him'

one for you Gooners,i was in London today and chatted with one of your legends with who i presume were his wife/partner and young daughter.

made an excuse to chat to him and i had my suspicions as to why he was in town and i soon discovered i was right.

it was Liam Brady and he was off to Wembley later in the day for the footie,nice guy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hot debate on my Arsenal forum. Best EPL defender at his best: Adams, Campbell or Stam?

No Brainer, Tony Adams, my top ten for EPL era would be,

1. Adams

2. Vidic

3. Terry

4. Ferdinand.R

5. Bruce

6. Carragher

7. McGrath

8. Pallister

9. Stam

10. Hypia

Archived