Football Season 2012-2013

The_Munchmaster

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:soccer: back on again today :cheerleader: after another of those pesky international breaks. :shakehead

remarkable day for my Team as Fergie celebrates 500 PL home game with a win.

Ferdinand appears in his 400th appearance for the club and Giggs plays in his 600th PL game for the team.

and the ginger wizard scores on his 600th appearance for the team.

will we ever see records like that ever beaten?.

Limbo,

IMHO Evra has been a liability for the last 18 months, he is still good as an attacking wing back but he has forgot the basics of how to defend, the number of times last season he was caught out of position or turned inside was unacceptable.

I thought SAF would have gone for Leighton Baines and to be honest I had never heard of Buttner but on yesterday's showing he seems a snip at 4 Million and I think he will keep Evra out of the team especially next weekend at Anfield where Evra is not very munched liked.

It was difficult to believe that it was Buttner's United debut, he just looked like he had been in the team for a few months, OK he got caught out of position on a couple of occasions but he has the turn of speed to recover the situation.

Now as for Nick Powell, another player from Dario Gradi's production line at Crewe, what a way to introduce yourself to the Old Trafford faithful 9 minutes into your debut as a substitute fine first touch to wrong foot the defender then a thunderbolt of a shot, not bad for an 18 year old who when he turned up at Carrington on his first day of training was turned away by the security guards because they thought he was some young kid hunting for autographs. Scholes and Giggs have been playing first team football for United since before he was born.

Early days yet but at least United are at the right end of the table in my mind. Things are also looking good for Arsenal so far, it took them a couple of games to get going but now that the new signings are learning the existing players I feel they could put in a good challenge this season.

Archived