Football Season 2012-2013

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question. Is Chelsea the biggest club in London?

Biggest in terms of what?

According to Forbes Arsenal are the biggest in London in terms of value.

Forbes rich list

•1. Manchester United - $2.235bn (£1.396bn)

•2. Real Madrid - $1.877bn (£1.17bn)

•3. Barcelona - $1.307bn (£816m)

•4. Arsenal - $1.292bn (£807m)

•5. Bayern Munich - $1.235bn (£770m)

•6. AC Milan - $989m (£615m)

•7. Chelsea - $761m (£473m)

•8. Liverpool - $619m (£385m)

•9. Juventus - $591m (£367m)

•10. Schalke 04 - $587m (£365m)

•11. Tottenham Hotspur -$564m (£351m)

•13. Manchester City - $443m (£275m)

According to Talksport.co.uk Chelsea have a worldwide fanbase of 135 million (4th in rankings) whereas Arsenal are 5th with 113 million (no idea how they calculate these numbers? :dunno: ).

Arsenal have the biggest capacity stadium of all the clubs in London (60,361). Chelsea have the second biggest capacity stadium (42,449). Spurs stadium only has a capacity of 36,230. :rotfl:

Arsenal have the biggest capacity stadium of all the clubs in London (60,361). Chelsea have the second biggest capacity stadium (42,449). Spurs stadium only has a capacity of 36,230. :rotfl:

But still over 15,000 less than Old Trafford's capacity of 75,765 but probably the same income on match day due to the higher season ticket prices GBP 905- 1,955 for the Emirates compared to 532 - 950 at OT.

Rumors coming from Trafford indicate that the expansion of the South Stand is probably going to be given the Green Light expanding capacity to 95,000 making it the largest stadium in the UK and only 4,000 less than the largest club stadium in the world the impressive Camp Nou.

On a similar vein, I am glad to see that FSG have decided to stay at Anfield and expand the Ground, Liverpool City Council have agreed to compulsory purchase orders on the properties stopping current expansion, call me a traditionalists but I prefer the old grounds to be redeveloped rather than new stadiums being built, in some instances it cannot be helped such as when Arsenal moved from Highbury.

Had a debate about this. Chelsea have enjoyed their greatest period ever for the last 7 seasons. Arsenal has had their worse period for at least a couple decades. I can't recall the last time we went this long with no trophy. That said, its a fact that Chelsea can non consistently sell out a stadium 2/3 the size of Arsenal's stadium.

I suggest that with the emgergence of Man City the will find it difficult to finish better than 3rd. If they go a couple seasons without a trophy there won't be any question.

Old Trafford has the bigger capacity and I'm not sure about this but I believe Arsenal takes in more money per game. Not sure about this. Thought I heard it somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the season is shaping up well now and business as usual for the 2 Manchester teams, are Hernandez and Dzeko in a race for the "Golden Boot off the Bench" award this season?

The next couple of weeks should prove interesting, next weekend starts off with the North London Derby which to be honest neither team could afford to loose and fall further behind the leaders and I doubt that a draw would satisfy either manager. City v Villa, well Villa played well Saturday so it will be hard fought, Brom v Chelsea could well be a draw. Norwich v United I would expect United to win, probably concede a couple but just outscore them.

The following week is looking better, Chelsea are away v Juventus midweek in Champions League a must win game whereas City are at home to Real Madrid and need a result just to stay in Europa, after the midweek exploits the two teams meet at Stamford Bridge on Sunday. On the other hand United have a dead rubber in Turkey against Galatasaray having already won the Group so SAF can put out the youth team and rest the main squad for Saturday's home game v QPR

I can see United edging further ahead by the end of November, now only if we had a defence and midfield, which may happen when players return from injury.

The next couple of weeks should prove interesting, next weekend starts off with the North London Derby which to be honest neither team could afford to loose and fall further behind the leaders and I doubt that a draw would satisfy either manager.

Arsenal 5 v 2 Tottenham

Great win for Arsenal but I hope Arsene doesn't see this as any kind of turnaround for them because until Adebayor was sent off Spurs were the better side and were running rings around Arsenals defence. Even in the second half Spurs started better and could have scored more than one.

City v Villa, well Villa played well Saturday so it will be hard fought,

City 5 v 0 Villa

Brom v Chelsea could well be a draw.

Brom 2 v 1 Chelsea

Norwich v United I would expect United to win, probably concede a couple but just outscore them.

Norwich 1 v 0 United

Mekong, don't get a job predicting the outcome of football matches! :neener:

Good win but we have serious issues. Two things I see, defense, specifically team defense and mental toughness. On paper we have a great squad, we are underperforming and have been for a few years now.

I see us in a battle for 4th. The top 3 clubs seem assured, Chelsea are slipping though. I do hope they beat City so that City can not go unbeaten.

Archived