Football Season 2012-2013

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Mekong, don't get a job predicting the outcome of football matches! :neener:

7 Points clear of city , 13 Points clear of Chelsea and 21 Points ahead of Arsenal, I did state that come the end of January that the table would look different.

Munchie, don't get a job contradicting my predictions!

• 2 weeks later...

I would made a pact with the devil to have my first male born son if it meant van Persie would get no trophies for the remainder of his career but alas he will get one this season.

Can't see how Man Utd will lose this lead. Well done to Ferguson.

As for Arsenal, if we don't get a CL position it would not surprise me. We've been flirting with this for a few years now and we simply can't keep cutting it close. van Persie got us 4th last season.

Steve

I understand your sentiments but I am not counting my chickens just yet, United blew an 8 point lead with 6 games to go last season so 12 points clear with 12 games to go is not yet a comfortable position but far better than the chasing pack.

To be honest I thought United were lucky to have a 2-0 lead at half time, but for all of Evertons possesion they could not threaten the backline. Putting Phil Jones up against Fellani totally took him out of the game and the Valencia / Rafael combination kept Baines quiet. SAF got his tactics spot on.

I have often been derided for comparing Jones to Duncan Edwards, I was too young to see Edwards at his prime but I do respect my fathers opinoin and am only repeating what he says. He has been a season ticket holder for over 60 years now and did see the original Busby Babes in their prime pre 58, before my time but I do remember seeing the holy trinity, Best,Law,Charlton before the bad days when we were relegated to the then second division but I have always stood by my team come hell or high water, even when United signed Cantona I was of the opionion of "Why the hell is he buying an egotistical French asshole from the scum?" Shows how little I know to be honest.

Even when we bought RVP I was not impressed I thought SAF should have bolstered our midfield with someone like Strootman or Ericson rather than but another forward, as much as many Arsenal Fans dislike seeing RVP in MUFC Red, there were many of us who could not accept him either to begin with. but slowly he is winning me over much the same as Canrona did all those years ago.

Off to Madrid Tomorrow to see Real v United on Wednesday Evening, some may call me mad making a 26,000KM round trip to watch a game of Football but they don't understand my passion "It's only a Game" Bollox it's a religion.

Good luck to Arsenal this week tough game but I hope you can get a result over the 2 legs,

I would made a pact with the devil to have my first male born son if it meant van Persie would get no trophies for the remainder of his career but alas he will get one this season.

Can't see how Man Utd will lose this lead. Well done to Ferguson.

As for Arsenal, if we don't get a CL position it would not surprise me. We've been flirting with this for a few years now and we simply can't keep cutting it close. van Persie got us 4th last season.

love him or hate him Ryan Giggs scores against Everton which means he has now scored in 23 consecutive seasons in the English top division...... :chili:

love him/hate him and his team,surely a record never to be surpassed in this current era?... :applause::worship::cool:

What a night and what an atmosphere.

Worst game Rafael has had all season, but considering the lack or protection he got from Rooney and the opposition he was up against it was understandable. I still feel that when up against world class opposition he is a liability and a Red Card waiting to happen but unlike the Bayern game he has learned, I expected him to be replaced by Smalling at half time but SAF showed his faith, you have to remember he is still only 22.

The much derided Evans now seems to be the first choice central defender rotating between Rio and Vidic to get longevity out of the pair of them, Jones for the second game in a row did the dirty work, it isn't pretty at times but someone has to do the donkey work, his distribution let him down at times but he put in a great shift and one has to remember he is still only 20 years old, he is instructed to do a job and sticks to it.

DeGea, at the time I didn't realise he had made that save from Fábio Coentrão on 5 minutes, I thought it was an unlucky (or lucky for united) miss it was only when I saw a replay of the game on TV later I knew it was a save. I saw enough of DeGea in his last season at Athletico when I was based in Madrid and went to many games at the Calderon to recognise his abilities as a shot stopper.

I have heard it mentioned that Ronaldo was given too much space for the equaliser and if Vidic had been playing he would have put in a challenge, but in my opinion Vidic would have fouled Ronaldo, Given away a penalty and seen Red as last man, better to concede anyway and keep 11 players on the pitch.

Ramos still is a dirty cheating play acting bastard, went down clutching his face when RVP hardly touched him getting RVP a yellow then his blatant dive against Valencia once he came on, FFS play the game like a man and not a Pansy, glad he was the one at fault for United's goal instead of trying to defend the corner went out and out trying to foul Wellbeck Justice had been served.

Three things that stand out from the night though had nothing to do with the game but the overall atmosphere.

• My Father and I had Tickets in the VIP section just behind the dug outs, Paul Burgess the Head Groundsman at the Bernabeu sold me a couple of his complimentary tickets. I knew Paul when I was in Madrid always watched English Premier League games together with a group of expats in the same bar in Madrid a stones throw from the Bernabeu, no animosity from the Madrid fans at all and when Paul came to see me and my Father just before kick off the Madrid fans were "You Know Senor Burgess" At the end of the game we got many handshakes, and the comments "we will get you at Old Trafford in 3 weeks" a very pleasant atmosphere I would never expect at another English Ground.
  • When Ryan Giggs came on, 85,000 supporters all rose to their to to a man and applauded him onto the pitch, now that shows respect and an appreciation of his outstanding career, he is loved more on the continent than he is back in England, it reminded me of a few years ago when Brazilian Ronaldo was applauded of the pitch at Old Trafford having scored a hat trick that eliminated United from the CL. There is a mutual respect between Real and United supporters.
  • At the final whistle the first man Ronaldo went to was SAF and they embraced, it is obvious how much Ronaldo recognises the fact that Fergie was the man who spotted his raw talent and made him the player he is today. OK United broke the world record for signing a teenager but we sure made a profit out of him and he gave us 6 good years.

​This to me is what football should all be about, great atmosphere and respect amongst opposing supporters, it took me back to late 60's when I first starting watching the game as opposed to the dark days of the late 70's and Early 80's when it all turned ugly and the hooligan aspect began to creep in between opposition supporters.

Now trying to get a "Black Market ticket" for the return leg at OT, I start my new project on the 4th March in Manchester and will be living less than 10 miles from the ground, I would not miss that for the world.

Whoever goes through I cannot see either team winning it, Borrusia Dortmand are the favourites in my opinion to be outright winners, they seem to be sacrificing their Bundersliga Crown for out and out European glory.

love him or hate him Ryan Giggs scores against Everton which means he has now scored in 23 consecutive seasons in the English top division...... :chili:

love him/hate him and his team,surely a record never to be surpassed in this current era?... :applause::worship::cool:

Put me down for the 'Hate' column.

Put me down for the 'Hate' column.

'Vieira,Vieira.

He comes from Senegal.

Vieira,Vieira.

He gave Giggsy the ball.

And Arsenal won fuck all,

always a pleasant ditty to sing whenever the Arse were at OT.

good luck in the cup,and i mean the CL Cup of course,not the piffling FA Cup........ :hubbahubba:

Archived