My Return

sayjann

so hot in Bangkok but raining very hard when i arrived on Phuket.

on the taxi ride i noticed much new construction and quite a lot of the rubber trees had disappeared to make way for buildings.

i have 3 landmarks in my mind when in the taxi and whenever i pass one i eagerly look forward to the next one.

the last obe is the go-kart track at the bottom of Patong/Phuket Hill and iook forward to the top of the hill and i see the view of the area.

there are a few ways of getting to my hotel and i normally get the driver to go the shortest way.

as i've said this was my best visit in a coiple of Years due to the lack of silly illnesses which were normally my fault.

yes i slipped while on wet pavement and hurt my ribs again but after finding good medication i remained relatively pain free the rest of the trip.

my return after 5 Months and i saw many changes as i just walked around and soaked up the atmosphere i loved.

i was told by a friend of mine the hotel i stayed at 5 Months previously had closed and i passed it one night and while the building was still there,all windows and doors boarded up.

my hotel had to put me in a room i did'nt like but promised to move me and did so after 2 nights.

the room i requested was being renovated and every day i would pass it and see many workers in the room but it seemed little work was being done.

but i do like the hotel and many of the staff the same and used to greet me with my first name.

the mids in the morning would greet me with a big smile and greeting.

a nice place to stay.

along Bangla some bars gone and others in their place but the Soi's off the road were totally different.

very updated in a couple of years and not really to my liking,i prefer the old days when these small Soi's were quietish and somewhat sleepy but no need to visit them if you do not want to.

the Tiger bar complex was finally up and running to it's full capacity and i would occasionally walk through and just have a look but nothing of real interest to me.

the Soi's which were LB orientated were normally busy but i noticed the LB's were not out in force late at night.

i know Christmas is high-season and you would expect more locals out on the street looking for an extra little cash at night but there certainly was a decline in the number out there this trip(i mean LB's).

the freelancers were still out in force but seemed disinterested when i would have thought in low season thay were have been working harder.

stoped to talk to a few and just laughed at their at some of the prices they quoted and walked away.

they would often then say 'what you give me?,but my attitude is that i will decide the price before them and it's a turn-off for me.

but this trip i had no interest in freelancers as i spent 2 good ladies who i was happy with.

the first(i will call her Jai)worked at the hotel and had offered me a massage in the room before i had even finished checking-in and i took advantage later in the Day.

late in the day and my body was so tired after the travelling and tiredness and i was given a wonderful massage and surprised at the price.

she had to give her boss 300bt for leaving the spa to take care and i offered her 1000bt for her services.

she was amazed i offered so much but she was worth it as she sucked and fucked me so good.

we spent 7 days together with some things which she went wrong with.

i think she might have skimmed from me on the chance thinking i was an innocent tourist but once she realised i knew what was going on and i dropped her she changed and eventually gave me cash back.

we eventually became friends again and i enjoyed the occasional massage and sex from her which was down to her choice.

it was against the rules of the spa for her to come to my room without having the B/F paid but the boss was rarely in evidence and the ladies covered for each other.

i used to give her the 300bt along with her fee in case her boss heard about what had happened and wanted the cash,but otherwise she kept it.

but there was something which made me smile most days.

she worked at the hotel,the staff knew her and knewshe had been with me many times.

she used to get my roomkey and let herself in and charge up her laptop whenever i was not around.

if i found it i would just put it away in a drawer for safety until she retrieved it the next day.

also i had had a few items of hers laundered including her work uniforms and all was in the wardrobe and she would take clothes when and if she needed them.

i used to keep nothing of value in the room and she never touched any of my belongings.

but the key to my safe deposit box was with my roomkey and all valuables kept in there.

to my knowledge she never opened it.

i did have a word with the hotel staff about giving her my roomkey but after a couple of days i came to trust her.

but after i stopped seeing her i met Pik and she was with me the rest of the trip.

not a beauty and so tiny but a good person to spend time with.

she appreciated the fact i let her do her own thing instead of being the sort of man who demands the prescence of his lady 24 hours a day.

she never moaned about being tired/you too big/i need sleep whenever i felt the urge to have a bit of fun and often she was the one who started the sex.

but what's annoying is that she gave me her mobile number and made me promise to call her so that she knew i arrived home safely.

but i've lost it and cannot call her,i would have left a message on voicemail at a time she was unlikely to be available to answer the phone but she would have easily got a translation.

but the funny thing about us was that i had obviously told her my name was John,which it's not and i got used to her calling me John whilst others were using my real name and she never thought anything of it.

i know while telling my tales i have been slammed for various things,but they work for me.

whenever i gave Pik to carry cash in her handbag she would count it and confirm how much and then write down the amount.

whenever i used any of it i would return the remainder to her and she would count it again and keep a record of what was left.

at the end of the night whatever was left was returned to me.

i know i have had a lot of flames about the motorbike incident,but the idiot deserved it.

pavements are for people walking not motorbikes either avoiding a wet road or taking a short-cut the wrong way down a one-way street.

and talking of motorbikes there was something else which pissed me off.

after 6pm Bangla Rd was traffic free but the motorbikes and sometimes tuk-tuks would still be whizzing up and down the road being a danger to people walking.

and off course the police and tourist police did fuck-all about it,more interested in going into bars and asking for I.D.

i will apologise to BM's for thinking of my own and other people's safety,but i'm surprised some people on the board think that that the Thai's are quite within their rights to endanger others who might not be as alert as me.

i know low-season but still busy all day and night but the vendors on the street seemed to outnumber the locals and while at first they are a pain and always have been they soon to realise to leave you alone once you have turned them away the 3rd/4th time.

i don't have any sort of problem with gays of LB's but still saw instances where young men got aggressive with them when approached and i just don't see the need for that sort of thing.

to me it's easier to just say 'no thanks' and carry on walking.

but the shops are still an ordeal.

if i want to look around then i will enter but soon get pissed off.

my mum likes windchimes and i always buy 1 for her.

there is a large variety and i like to peruse them and hear what they sound like but one a shop assistant shoves a poorly gilded buddha in my face and says 'you like?' i do get annoyed and try and explain i'm looking at the windchimes.

a minute later i get a silk scarf thrust in my face and asked 'you like?'.

enough is enough and i just tell them thay have lost a customer who was prepared to spend at least 3000bt and i just see their face drop,their fault and walk out.

but i do see newbies get caught out and buy things they see without looking around for better deals or products.

but i have never been to Thailand and not had some sort of drama which thinking back have not been that major.

i've had a hotel room trashed by a regular BG i saw for a couple of Years witnessed by hotel staff who did nothing but reported to the owner i was not at fault and the BG apologised to the owner the next day after we had made up and no charge for any damages charged to me.

and another time i was assaulted by a drunken English thug which required 18 stitches over my eye.

but it turned out i was a hero because defending a very sweet lady who was a regular of mine from being beaten to a pulp.

i was looked after by the locals and never bought a drink in that particular bar for the next 5 nights.

and i KNOW i was robbed by the police on my first ever night in Bangkok but of course cannot prove it.

i don't think any trip would be the same without a little drama,a trouble free trip would be very strange to me.

even now after many Years of visiting i know i still get get locals attempting to scam me but hope i can spot them them coming at the time.

but you never know,i envy you BM's who claim you have never been scammed/lost anything or ever made a mistake whilst in the country..........obviously much better people then me.

but it could be the end of an era.

people kept asking me when i come back and not a question easily answered.

my Thai friend who owned a bar is now off the radar,i've known her for 12 Years but she has just got overcome with power and overpowering espiecally with me.

her play is to get tourists into the bar which is in a quiet area and then buy them the first drink and then she knows she has them hooked.

after that they buy her drinks while encouraging the ringing of the bell which of course brings more income into her bar.

the tourists have a good time and return again and again and spend much cash and she is rubbing her hands together with Baht signs in her eyes.

but i just objected to her demanding a drink from me all the time while not doing it to other customers.

and i could never understand how she got away with driving home at 3/4am after drinking since 8pm.

but the final straw was whenever i bought a drink she put it down as a LD even though she never ever worked in the bar.

and if i took another lady into the bar i was also charged the higher price for a drink even though the lady i was with had no connection with the bar.

i was even charged the higher charge when my mum had a drink,how on earth does she quqlify as a drink for the staff?.

but i'm still in a quandry about her husband.

he has been a great friend for many Years and we have always keptin touch.

but this visit he was not around and as i had his mobile number i finally got in touch with him and arranged to meet.

not my place to ask personal questions over the phone and thought i would wait until i saw him,but we never got together.

i have e-mailed him 3 times since i have neen back in the UK but no reply so far.

but the saddest thing about this trip is the 'fallout' between my greatest friend on Phuket.

a woman i've known for 12 Years and would help me and others in any way she could.

i don't know what caused her to suddenly ignore me at the very end but have a slight idea.

but when i return i will go back to the bar as i have many more lady friends there and at the moment 2 weeks later i'm still in the mood to blank her as she did on my last day.

anyway,this was a very good trip and i had a lot of fun.

seeing old friends and old places took me back to the early days.

i had a really happy time.

the only downfall was the weather............

RAIN,RAIN AND MORE RAIN.

obviously i've experienced wet conditions before but never to this extent.

so hot in Bangkok but raining very hard when i arrived on Phuket.

on the taxi ride i noticed much new construction and quite a lot of the rubber trees had disappeared to make way for buildings.

i have 3 landmarks in my mind when in the taxi and whenever i pass one i eagerly look forward to the next one.

the last obe is the go-kart track at the bottom of Patong/Phuket Hill and iook forward to the top of the hill and i see the view of the area.

there are a few ways of getting to my hotel and i normally get the driver to go the shortest way.

as i've said this was my best visit in a coiple of Years due to the lack of silly illnesses which were normally my fault.

yes i slipped while on wet pavement and hurt my ribs again but after finding good medication i remained relatively pain free the rest of the trip.

my return after 5 Months and i saw many changes as i just walked around and soaked up the atmosphere i loved.

i was told by a friend of mine the hotel i stayed at 5 Months previously had closed and i passed it one night and while the building was still there,all windows and doors boarded up.

my hotel had to put me in a room i did'nt like but promised to move me and did so after 2 nights.

the room i requested was being renovated and every day i would pass it and see many workers in the room but it seemed little work was being done.

but i do like the hotel and many of the staff the same and used to greet me with my first name.

the mids in the morning would greet me with a big smile and greeting.

a nice place to stay.

along Bangla some bars gone and others in their place but the Soi's off the road were totally different.

very updated in a couple of years and not really to my liking,i prefer the old days when these small Soi's were quietish and somewhat sleepy but no need to visit them if you do not want to.

the Tiger bar complex was finally up and running to it's full capacity and i would occasionally walk through and just have a look but nothing of real interest to me.

the Soi's which were LB orientated were normally busy but i noticed the LB's were not out in force late at night.

i know Christmas is high-season and you would expect more locals out on the street looking for an extra little cash at night but there certainly was a decline in the number out there this trip(i mean LB's).

the freelancers were still out in force but seemed disinterested when i would have thought in low season thay were have been working harder.

stoped to talk to a few and just laughed at their at some of the prices they quoted and walked away.

they would often then say 'what you give me?,but my attitude is that i will decide the price before them and it's a turn-off for me.

but this trip i had no interest in freelancers as i spent 2 good ladies who i was happy with.

the first(i will call her Jai)worked at the hotel and had offered me a massage in the room before i had even finished checking-in and i took advantage later in the Day.

late in the day and my body was so tired after the travelling and tiredness and i was given a wonderful massage and surprised at the price.

she had to give her boss 300bt for leaving the spa to take care and i offered her 1000bt for her services.

she was amazed i offered so much but she was worth it as she sucked and fucked me so good.

we spent 7 days together with some things which she went wrong with.

i think she might have skimmed from me on the chance thinking i was an innocent tourist but once she realised i knew what was going on and i dropped her she changed and eventually gave me cash back.

we eventually became friends again and i enjoyed the occasional massage and sex from her which was down to her choice.

it was against the rules of the spa for her to come to my room without having the B/F paid but the boss was rarely in evidence and the ladies covered for each other.

i used to give her the 300bt along with her fee in case her boss heard about what had happened and wanted the cash,but otherwise she kept it.

but there was something which made me smile most days.

she worked at the hotel,the staff knew her and knewshe had been with me many times.

she used to get my roomkey and let herself in and charge up her laptop whenever i was not around.

if i found it i would just put it away in a drawer for safety until she retrieved it the next day.

also i had had a few items of hers laundered including her work uniforms and all was in the wardrobe and she would take clothes when and if she needed them.

i used to keep nothing of value in the room and she never touched any of my belongings.

but the key to my safe deposit box was with my roomkey and all valuables kept in there.

to my knowledge she never opened it.

i did have a word with the hotel staff about giving her my roomkey but after a couple of days i came to trust her.

but after i stopped seeing her i met Pik and she was with me the rest of the trip.

not a beauty and so tiny but a good person to spend time with.

she appreciated the fact i let her do her own thing instead of being the sort of man who demands the prescence of his lady 24 hours a day.

she never moaned about being tired/you too big/i need sleep whenever i felt the urge to have a bit of fun and often she was the one who started the sex.

but what's annoying is that she gave me her mobile number and made me promise to call her so that she knew i arrived home safely.

but i've lost it and cannot call her,i would have left a message on voicemail at a time she was unlikely to be available to answer the phone but she would have easily got a translation.

but the funny thing about us was that i had obviously told her my name was John,which it's not and i got used to her calling me John whilst others were using my real name and she never thought anything of it.

i know while telling my tales i have been slammed for various things,but they work for me.

whenever i gave Pik to carry cash in her handbag she would count it and confirm how much and then write down the amount.

whenever i used any of it i would return the remainder to her and she would count it again and keep a record of what was left.

at the end of the night whatever was left was returned to me.

i know i have had a lot of flames about the motorbike incident,but the idiot deserved it.

pavements are for people walking not motorbikes either avoiding a wet road or taking a short-cut the wrong way down a one-way street.

after 6pm Bangla Rd was traffic free but the motorbikes and sometimes tuk-tuks would still be whizzing up and down the road being a danger to people walking.

and off course the police and tourist police did fuck-all about it,more interested in going into bars and asking for I.D.

i will apologise to BM's for thinking of my own and other people's safety,but i'm surprised some people on the board think that that the Thai's are quite within their rights to endanger others who might not be as alert as me.

i know low-season but still busy all day and night but the vendors on the street seemed to outnumber the locals and while at first they are a pain and always have been they soon to realise to leave you alone once you have turned them away the 3rd/4th time.

i don't have any sort of problem with gays of LB's but still saw instances where young men got aggressive with them when approached and i just don't see the need for that sort of thing.

to me it's easier to just say 'no thanks' and carry on walking.

but the shops are still an ordeal.

if i want to look around then i will enter but soon get pissed off.

my mum likes windchimes and i always buy 1 for her.

there is a large variety and i like to peruse them and hear what they sound like but one a shop assistant shoves a poorly gilded buddha in my face and says 'you like?' i do get annoyed and try and explain i'm looking at the windchimes.

a minute later i get a silk scarf thrust in my face and asked 'you like?'.

enough is enough and i just tell them thay have lost a customer who was prepared to spend at least 3000bt and i just see their face drop,their fault and walk out.

but i do see newbies get caught out and buy things they see without looking around for better deals or products.

but i have never been to Thailand and not had some sort of drama which thinking back have not been that major.

i've had a hotel room trashed by a regular BG i saw for a couple of Years witnessed by hotel staff who did nothing but reported to the owner i was not at fault and the BG apologised to the owner the next day after we had made up and no charge for any damages charged to me.

and another time i was assaulted by a drunken English thug which required 18 stitches over my eye.

but it turned out i was a hero because defending a very sweet lady who was a regular of mine from being beaten to a pulp.

i was looked after by the locals and never bought a drink in that particular bar for the next 5 nights.

and i KNOW i was robbed by the police on my first ever night in Bangkok but of course cannot prove it.

i don't think any trip would be the same without a little drama,a trouble free trip would be very strange to me.

even now after many Years of visiting i know i still get get locals attempting to scam me but hope i can spot them them coming at the time.

but you never know,i envy you BM's who claim you have never been scammed/lost anything or ever made a mistake whilst in the country..........obviously much better people then me.

but it could be the end of an era.

people kept asking me when i come back and not a question easily answered.

my Thai friend who owned a bar is now off the radar,i've known her for 12 Years but she has just got overcome with power and overpowering espiecally with me.

her play is to get tourists into the bar which is in a quiet area and then buy them the first drink and then she knows she has them hooked.

after that they buy her drinks while encouraging the ringing of the bell which of course brings more income into her bar.

the tourists have a good time and return again and again and spend much cash and she is rubbing her hands together with Baht signs in her eyes.

but i just objected to her demanding a drink from me all the time while not doing it to other customers.

and i could never understand how she got away with driving home at 3/4am after drinking since 8pm.

but the final straw was whenever i bought a drink she put it down as a LD even though she never ever worked in the bar.

and if i took another lady into the bar i was also charged the higher price for a drink even though the lady i was with had no connection with the bar.

i was even charged the higher charge when my mum had a drink,how on earth does she quqlify as a drink for the staff?.

but i'm still in a quandry about her husband.

he has been a great friend for many Years and we have always keptin touch.

but this visit he was not around and as i had his mobile number i finally got in touch with him and arranged to meet.

not my place to ask personal questions over the phone and thought i would wait until i saw him,but we never got together.

i have e-mailed him 3 times since i have neen back in the UK but no reply so far.

but the saddest thing about this trip is the 'fallout' between my greatest friend on Phuket.

a woman i've known for 12 Years and would help me and others in any way she could.

i don't know what caused her to suddenly ignore me at the very end but have a slight idea.

but when i return i will go back to the bar as i have many more lady friends there and at the moment 2 weeks later i'm still in the mood to blank her as she did on my last day.

anyway,this was a very good trip and i had a lot of fun.

seeing old friends and old places took me back to the early days.

i had a really happy time.

the only downfall was the weather............

RAIN,RAIN AND MORE RAIN.

obviously i've experienced wet conditions before but never to this extent.

thanks for the summary Sajann, give it a few weeks and tell us your feelings once more.

did you happen to venture down soi patong resort ( islands restraunt, and oasis bar) seems they have lost their luster too.

a couple of other things which spring to mind and i forgot to mention.

talking to various people,men in a group or couples and they were moaning about prices of food.

they thought the restaurants were so expensive and i did agree but some of the places they mentioned were well out out of my league.

i suggested they try the street vendors and they were horrified at the thought.

poor hygeine was the main reason and i told them the food was freshly cooked in front of them and quite safe,not to say someone might get an upset stomach.

i also asked if they had gone off of Bangla and eaten in the local restaurants which are abundant and where the Thais like to eat?.

of course no was the answer because they knew nothing about local foods.

i liked the places off the beaten track and so cheap and tasty.

i asked what they had done for food and it seems McDonalds and KFC were the norm as they felt safe with that food.......... :shakehead

and Pik on my last Day was treated by me.

every Year i would take my English friend things he requested as he had trouble getting the real thing in Thailand,well that was his opinion.

people in the UK might understand more about his preferences but he liked PG Tips T-bags,Heinz tomato sauce,Heinz salad cream and Branston pickle and brown sauce.

but i never saw him and i gave the stuff away to Pik.

she tried the salad cream and i had to explain it was the same as mayonnaise but she disagreed saying it much better.

the brown sauce was even better as she kept dipping her finger in the bottle and having a taste.

the pickle was new to her and after she thought about it she said she liked it.

i gave the T-bags to the hotel chef and said the Brits espiecally would like this choice.

i also had some jars of home-made jam(strawberry,raspberry,blackcurrant and gooseberry)which i had intended to give to my friend as he liked a cup of tea and toast and jam in the mornings.

but again i gave them to the chef and said that the tourists might like the jams better then the silly pots of jam they provide.

no point in taking the stuff home and hopefully everything went to a good home.

Pasathai1 asked for an update in a while so i'll do it now.

i've been back in the UK for 2 Weeks and i have'nt been hit by the blues that i've suffered in the past.

this had been a VERY good trip and i left happy and still feel happy.

sometimes in the past it has'nt been the same feeling and i have certainly been a victim of the blues.

SJ

It would help if you knew the law rather than try to take the law into your own hands.

Land Traffic Act BE 2522 Section 43, Paragraph G States

"No Driver shall drive a Vehicle on a footpath without sufficient cause, except a baby carriage or wheelchair for sick or disabled persons"

Flooded Roads, as well as accidents or Traffic Jams are "Sufficient Cause" so the motorcycle rider was not breaking the law.

You were on vacation in a foreign land and made the mistake of trying to apply the laws of your home country in Thailand as well as taking it into your own hand and was lucky to get away with your impulsive reaction IMHO.

SJ

It would help if you knew the law rather than try to take the law into your own hands.

Land Traffic Act BE 2522 Section 43, Paragraph G States

"No Driver shall drive a Vehicle on a footpath without sufficient cause, except a baby carriage or wheelchair for sick or disabled persons"

Flooded Roads, as well as accidents or Traffic Jams are "Sufficient Cause" so the motorcycle rider was not breaking the law.

You were on vacation in a foreign land and made the mistake of trying to apply the laws of your home country in Thailand as well as taking it into your own hand and was lucky to get away with your impulsive reaction IMHO.

i will accept your legal points,i know you more about the law than me after your recent court battle.

so in future i will just pull out my book on Thai law and thumb through it looking for the relavent passage while i am then run over and injured.

hope that makes everyone happy..... :dunno:

but i still don't understand that people here on the board realise it was a spur-of-the-moment action. :hmmm:

i did not plan the event 5 minutes in advance and lay in wait for the fella.

things sometimes happen in a split second.

but i've things happen on the strets and roads between Thais which have been a lot worse then my rush of blood.

a different thing altogether but i witnessed a tourist being chased by 5 Thai men and a LB,it seems the LB thought she had been cheated when the man realised he was not with a woman,i don't know the full facts.

he was then beaten savagely in a place which was in the open and the Thais just watched and did nothing.

i wanted to intervene but was held back by friends as they said i should not get involved as it was impossible to know if weapons of any kind might be in the mix.

i watched as this fella was really hurt and left in a bloody mess but i realise now that i had been given sound advice not to go to his aid.

and i suppose i was stupid by protecting a BG from a beating one time and getting the worst of it in the end.

she was very shaken but unhurt in the end while i got the injuries.

but in future i will just watch as a tourist beat up a BG and do nothing,as i might be the one breaking the law if i intervene.

:beer:

anyway i'm bringing a close to this episode/story.

it was just something i mentioned in a FR and did'nt seem that important to me at the time,but i'm surprised at the amount of flames i got.

anyway in my eyes he was doing wrong and in his eyes i done wrong in return.

no one was hurt and both of us walked away and no comebacks were forthcoming in the future.

i had forgotten about the incident within an hour as it was'nt worth front page news.

anyway i realise that i seem to be someone who always has problems and no-one else on the Board have ever experienced even any small problems whenever in Thailand.

so as i say i can't be bothered to say anymore on the subject,it happened a Month ago so is it really important news?.

all from me.... :closemouth::closemouth::closemouth:

anyway in my eyes he was doing wrong and in his eyes i done wrong in return.

no one was hurt and both of us walked away and no comebacks were forthcoming in the future.

i had forgotten about the incident within an hour as it was'nt worth front page news.

SJ

If you took my reply to your original post and my follow up in this post as "Flaming" then I apologise, I was merely trying to pass on some advice to you.

In My Eyes, and the eyes of the Thai Legal System he had done no wrong, but in his eyes and the eyes of the Thai Legal system you had done wrong, you just don't get it do you.

You were very fortunate that there were no repercussions either being jumped by a group of Motorcycle taxi riders, being arrested for assault or worse still, if there had been a car coming up the soi banged up charged with manslaughter.

You called it a "Spur of the Moment", something that just happened. Jails the world over are full of people who made these Spur of the Moment mistakes and have years incarcerated to reflect upon them, luckily for you this was not the case.

As for experiencing problems in Thailand and other Countries in fact, I have had a fair few "Situations" of my own in the past, fortunately they all happened pre internet days and I learned from them, I just hope you can take a little time to reflect on what the consequences of your "Spur of the Moment" actions may have led to and stay a little calmer on your next trip.

Kong

Archived