Jetstar Business Mel-Bkk 499 Aud

gobbledonk

Jetstar are having a sale - full details on their website - date of my dummy booking is May 14, 2013 - not a particular fan of Jetstar, but this is a direct flight - no Darwin stopover BS - and you get into BKK shortly before 2100 hours, assuming Swampy and Jetstar are still operating by May next year. For me, the biggest attraction is the extra leg room - the Thai cabin crew on Jetstar flights to LOS are nothing to write home about but were polite enough on my last two flights with them. As Nok is often wont too say 'Up to you !'

Booking Summary

Total AUD

$499.00

Departing

$499.00

Fares

Adult 1 x $433.84

Fees & taxes

Adult 1 x $65.16

Optional Extras

Baggage

Adult 1 x $0.00

Value Bundles

Adult 1 x $0.00

Total AUD

$499.00

Jetstar are having a sale - full details on their website - date of my dummy booking is May 14, 2013 - not a particular fan of Jetstar, but this is a direct flight - no Darwin stopover BS - and you get into BKK shortly before 2100 hours, assuming Swampy and Jetstar are still operating by May next year. For me, the biggest attraction is the extra leg room - the Thai cabin crew on Jetstar flights to LOS are nothing to write home about but were polite enough on my last two flights with them. As Nok is often wont too say 'Up to you !'

Booking Summary

Total AUD

$499.00

Departing

$499.00

Fares

Adult 1 x $433.84

Fees & taxes

Adult 1 x $65.16

Optional Extras

Baggage

Adult 1 x $0.00

Value Bundles

Adult 1 x $0.00

Total AUD

$499.00

You have to get to Melbourne ..first ...that is a horror right there :neener:and looks like carry on only?...no good for us ...we are bringing over sixty k back from BKK from this little jaunt :neener:

TG for us..

just had a look and the business fare (499 there 470 back) includes the following - which is probably why it is listed as $0 on gobbles summary.

• Wide leather seat
  • 2 X 10kgs carry on baggage
  • 30kg checked baggage allowance
  • No fees for date, time, name, origin & destination changes (fare difference applies)
  • Personal entertainment system
  • Meals, drinks and unlimited snack bar
  • Free standard seat selection
  • Comfort pack

Agree that its crap, but thats the Jetstar brand - ironic that QANTAS are one of the more expensive full-service airlines, but they seem to have modelled their budget offering on Aeroflot. The whole seat pitch thing has annoyed the living shit out of me for years - the ideal economy passenger appears to be 4' tall and 50kgs - given that the majority of planes are designed in the US or Europe, that is hilariously out-of-whack with reality.

Agree that its crap, but thats the Jetstar brand - ironic that QANTAS are one of the more expensive full-service airlines, but they seem to have modelled their budget offering on Aeroflot. The whole seat pitch thing has annoyed the living shit out of me for years - the ideal economy passenger appears to be 4' tall and 50kgs - given that the majority of planes are designed in the US or Europe, that is hilariously out-of-whack with reality.

All I can say is, I agree.

The concept that they only have to cater for the 50% of people below the average weight/height/build is risible.

If hospital beds, or classroom chairs, or clothes were only designed for those 5'8" tall and 70Kg or less, there'd be an uproar. I'm not one of those guys that needs a fork lift to leave my house, I'm smaller than most rugby players, but bigger than most strivellings (not a real word but should be).

Yet I pay money to be discomforted on airlines (and the bus from hell from VTE to Ha Noi see separate post in somewhere).

I've flown business class, good, is what it is. But I don't care about all the fripperies, it's just a few inches of space. The airline, that can figure out how to give cattle class fares, a decent seat, will be a winner, no issue.

Archived