Nana Vs. Soi Cowboy. The Old Question

Gadfly

I have been enjoying NEP a lot lately. More bars, more girls and not too much hassle for lady drinks. Billboard is always a good time for some drinks and watching the show or the hot tub girls!

Cowboy just doesn't offer this much fun. And I'm not even talking about the Arab bars! Although I think they get a exaggerated bad rap. Yes the drinks are over priced, but they have cute girls. You just have to ask which ones are bar fineable. The coyotes will go with you but they are selective and you have to wait until close or get to know them and take them on a day off. If you live here it's no too hard to get to know a coyote.

That being said, I still prefer the bars in NEP.

I haven't been to Nana for years. Billboard aside, which other bars do you recommend?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what happened? was that your beer I pissed in?

Serious do tell as it keeps places honest, one place years ago ripped my mate off while I was drinking, I posted about it (often) eventually the owner tracked me down, gave me a refund and gave apologies.

Impressed me so I won't name the bar, but they do read places like this so does good to out them.

NEP went through a period of decline while Soi Cowboy improved, but I think, for now, that trend has changed. NEP probably is a bit edgier and will probably remain so, but right now it has more bars and more girls. They also, finally, seem to putting money into fixing the place up a bit.

Soi Cowboy is where the both BTS and MRT and Asoke and Sukhumvit meet and I suspect we'll seem more neon and possibly even more upscale venues, but with that more Coyote dancers, higher prices, etc. I notice more Farang women venturing into Soi Cowboy as well (not complaining, just saying), and I suspect that because its more accessible and less intimidating than Soi Cowboy.

Different horses for different courses, but for a late night out of carousing I will almost always end at NEP (its also closer to Soi 11). For a tamer experience where I plan to get home reasonably earlier, Soi Cowboy seems to be the better bet.

what happened? was that your beer I pissed in?

Serious do tell as it keeps places honest, one place years ago ripped my mate off while I was drinking, I posted about it (often) eventually the owner tracked me down, gave me a refund and gave apologies.

Impressed me so I won't name the bar, but they do read places like this so does good to out them.

Sorry to disappoint but there was no incident. I just finally realised that it has changed so much over the years that frankly there is nothing about it that I enjoy anymore. :confused:

Of course having just said I won't be back in a while a mate now wants to meet me there tomorrow evening. :banghead:

I haven't been to Nana for years. Billboard aside, which other bars do you recommend?

Same question here......

Last july took 3 SC-girls to Nana, a lot of fun was had all together in a few places, but no clue where we were......

I wouldnt mind going back on my own for some sanuk.

Which places are hot, where to avoid ?

BB

I really think it comes down to the 'moment' - I've seen both places absolutely dead, complete with forlorn (and very plain looking) girls perched outside the bars and very little traffic - and I've gone back a few nights later to find the same precinct absolutely jumping. Ever notice how the younger, more attractive women seem to disappear from the streets of a Farang city in Winter ? Might not be the case in Moscow, but it definitely is in Brisbane - I swear they get jobs on cruise ships or something - and I perceive the same phenomenon in BKK's wet season AND on the aforementioned 'slow' nights. Its probably all in my tiny mind, but if I go somewhere and everyone seems to be counting down the minutes till 2am, I pay my bill and leave. No salvaging a night like that.

Gaddy, on your other point re 'Couldnt live in Patts', Mekong seems to be dealing with it during his weeknight stays. Clearly, the need to get up in the morning and look like a human being at your desk has a lot going for it. ;)

Archived