Nana Vs. Soi Cowboy. The Old Question

Gadfly

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No probs. Interesting that Stickman's sycophantic readers continue to bitch about the number of Farang women in various NEP bars - can't say that they have ever particularly worried me. If I go into a bar to see a regular in 2014 and there are too many 'undesirables' (for whatever reason), I will either barfine her and leave or simply walk straight back out. No shortage of bars in LOS, or at least the parts of LOS I frequent.

No probs. Interesting that Stickman's sycophantic readers continue to bitch about the number of Farang women in various NEP bars - can't say that they have ever particularly worried me. If I go into a bar to see a regular in 2014 and there are too many 'undesirables' (for whatever reason), I will either barfine her and leave or simply walk straight back out. No shortage of bars in LOS, or at least the parts of LOS I frequent.

Is saw Western women at Tilac. Actually I pitied them a little bit. Even though I guess they will almost probably deny that they'd do it, but if they compare themselves with the BGs they might realize that their Siamese sisters are much more sexy and attraktive (with clothes as well, as every trip at the Skytrain proves). And If they had a closer look at the audience, they might realize that at Tilac were a lot of younger Farangs who ignored them completely.

I suspect that some of it is simply boredom and curiosity - how many hours can you spend shopping / visiting temples etc ? Soi 6 in Patts remains my last stand - beyond that, I guess its Saphan Kwai if I ever learn enough Thai to be able to traverse such a landscape. Nothing I've read about that part of town makes it an attractive option - long live the ladyboys and desperate whores on Soi 6. :shocked:

Seems to be more farang ladies with a BG in tow now ( Lesbian ) Who can blame them,if I were a woman I would do the same :grinyes: Wonder if they would let me watch what they get up to behind closed doors ? :hubbahubba::surprised:

It's interesting to see that since women became (financially/sexually) more independent, they start to pay for male/female prostitutes as well. See female sex tourism

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be more farang ladies with a BG in tow now ( Lesbian ) Who can blame them,if I were a woman I would do the same :grinyes: Wonder if they would let me watch what they get up to behind closed doors ? :hubbahubba::surprised:

Take some pics. Seen very few Farang women (solo, without a male companion) in a beer or gogo bar. And those very very very few have been butt ugly. Have seen several with groups - just drinking, not out for a companion.

In other related news --> what's up with all the bikers at Nana? Sit at Big Dogs at 2am to witness the great daily exodus and you'll see an enormous contingent of bikers ("the outlaws") vacating the premises. They even have their own bar next to Annies, the Crossed Pistons, for bikers only. Seems to be an international chapter. Met one bloke from New Zealand who was pretty cool to drink with, but the bulk of them seem to be geriatric and obese (and I have nothing against either - unless they're posing as 25 year old studs), straining for their glory days.

And what happened to Strikers? Who says location isn't important. That place is dying a slow tortuous death in its new digs. At least you can play free pool now till 10pm. I hear some of their talent relocated to Bar 4, hopefully the resident contributor here is seeing a boon in business.

In other related news --> what's up with all the bikers at Nana? Sit at Big Dogs at 2am to witness the great daily exodus and you'll see an enormous contingent of bikers ("the outlaws") vacating the premises. They even have their own bar next to Annies, the Crossed Pistons, for bikers only. Seems to be an international chapter. Met one bloke from New Zealand who was pretty cool to drink with, but the bulk of them seem to be geriatric and obese (and I have nothing against either - unless they're posing as 25 year old studs), straining for their glory days.

Met an Aussie Vietnam Vet at Golden Bar a couple of years back, and he introduced me to a younger guy who seemed interested in our discussion of classic cars and bikes. Turned out the young guy was recruiting for the Rebels, reportedly the largest outlaw biker club in Australia, and had just come back from a meeting with Red Shirts leaders. I dont have any particular problem with the Rebels - their clubhouse/pub in Rockhampton has the best security I've ever seen - but I felt he was playing with fire looking to get involved with people who seem prepared to do anything to get their way.

Given that I'm veering into the kind of political discussion KS isnt keen on, I'll leave it there - suffice it to say that I doubt the Rebels are the only outlaw motorcycle club looking to start chapters in Thailand. An outlaw MC is a whole other world to the kids who race one another on BKK streets on their 'worked' Jap motorbikes, but it's not hard to see those kids wanting to 'graduate' to something bigger and better. The writing is on the wall for several of the clubs here in Oz - various turf wars have given the cops all the ammunition they need to bring in legislation aimed at breaking them up - but Asia is a whole new playground. Interesting times ahead.

Archived