Nana Vs. Soi Cowboy. The Old Question

Gadfly

First, my obese/geriatric comment was a bit silly, I almost felt a pang of regret as soon as I posted (some of my favorite people here are a bit old and chubby, and could readily kick my ass).:) Was just irritated at seeing goofy post-middle-age dudes strutting around like tough peacocks and shooting people intimidating glances. I mean REALLY? Why??? OTOH played a few rounds of pool with said gentleman from NZ who is one of the outlaws and it was a genuine pleasure and good conversation. Enough said.

btw - these guys literally are called "the outlaws" - I'll take a picture of the official outlaw bar (between strikers and annies, bikers only), next time I'm out that way - and I'll try not to be insulting. It's a small world and all that.

KS is very wise not to be keen on some political discussions. I tip my hat to him and you for dancing around minefields with a little grace and without explosions.

Nana demographics do seem to have changed, but still crowded. Same bars drawing them in like clockwork (Big Dogs, Hillary Bars, Spankys, Rainbows (I never got the appeal of the Rainbow places).

btw - My friends are Japanese (well, one is Vietnamese but the girls think he's Japanese), and guess where they head straight to anytime on Cowboy ---> Baccara. And the girls do come running up when they sit, it's not a cliche but true. Talent there is attractive (but not ALL that), however they have taken mercenary to a new level. Girls move fast, aggressive and they will quote you high prices right up front so they don't waste time. $$ is the name of the game and it's not hidden. Personally, I don't get the appeal - but hey. You can then walk across the street to Rio and it's quiet as a mouse. I don't go often enough to understand the dynamics, why some places thrive and some places are desolate - when there's not that much difference between the women. But, ya know, realistically maybe I don't want to understand, whatever magic is left, let it be.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you'll find that the majority of T360 BM's dont own mirrors. Or scales. :neener:

When I joined 10 years ago, there was a lot of brawling re who really was a 'hansum man', who had the biggest condo / dick / expat package etc, but that has largely fallen by the wayside now. I wouldn't judge anyone here by the guys you see in beer bars on lower Suk - just be aware that many of us have seen younger guys starting fights etc - again, a stereotype, but it does happen. The generation above mine doesnt have much time for our mob, and that's fine with me - I ignore them and they ignore me.

The generation above mine doesnt have much time for our mob, and that's fine with me - I ignore them and they ignore me.

Gobbie,

Be honest mate, the generation above yours are either in Care Homes or Pushing up Daisies.

Time to realise that now you (and I) are of the generation we both referred to as Old Farts 20 years ago.

Been in both places a little bit lately, and have to say cowboy is slightly better, with a more hands on experience, but the gals in Nana are slightly cuter.

Tough one! Don't really like either

Had a great meal in RCA last night then went off to the old late night venue in Pethcuburi Road, now had a name change but stayed till after 5am and was good fun.

Archived