Los Nightlife Videos

kamui

You should have rented a jetski for additional adventure. Nothing makes you feel more alive after getting out of situation unharmed in which a group of extremely agressive Thai men did threaten you with machetes and knifes. The fee for this very easy to book adventure is just around 40.000 THB.

wave.gif

but while i think about it i will give in to Horneytorney's silly thing about distractions between my hotel and the beach.

i have been known to stop and buy a daily newspaper to read whilst on the beach,if that is a distraction then i plead guilty.

and i have even been known to stop and buy food from the motorbike vendors to eat whilst on the beach.... :spin:

again if that is a distraction then i again plead guilty........ :hmmm:

but what else i cannot think of.......... :dunno:

and his silly point of me being far away from the beach is pointless..what pray is 'a long way'? :confused:

a slow 10 minute stroll to the beach to stretch my legs and get the fresh air into my lungs was lovely.

can't think of anything that really distracted me on the walk.... :dunno:

but i have no interest in jet-ski's.

would'nt have a clue how to drive one and i often watched tourists being brave and getting into trouble with the silly things.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but while i think about it i will give in to Horneytorney's silly thing about distractions between my hotel and the beach.

i have been known to stop and buy a daily newspaper to read whilst on the beach,if that is a distraction then i plead guilty.

and i have even been known to stop and buy food from the motorbike vendors to eat whilst on the beach.... :spin:

again if that is a distraction then i again plead guilty........ :hmmm:

but what else i cannot think of.......... :dunno:

and his silly point of me being far away from the beach is pointless..what pray is 'a long way'? :confused:

a slow 10 minute stroll to the beach to stretch my legs and get the fresh air into my lungs was lovely.

can't think of anything that really distracted me on the walk.... :dunno:

but i have no interest in jet-ski's.

would'nt have a clue how to drive one and i often watched tourists being brave and getting into trouble with the silly things.

Jesus Sayjann, it was witty sarcasm, YES he was talking about BARS AND GIRLS.... insinuating that since you have to walk to the beach through Bangla road that it would be very difficult to not stop into a bar and stop for girls... hence you would seldom make it to the beach due to these very appealing distractions, about as CLEAR as i can describe it for you. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Jesus Sayjann, it was witty sarcasm, YES he was talking about BARS AND GIRLS.... insinuating that since you have to walk to the beach through Bangla road that it would be very difficult to not stop into a bar and stop for girls... hence you would seldom make it to the beach due to these very appealing distractions, about as CLEAR as i can describe it for you. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

in all my travels to Patong i have only ever visited 3 bars and one go-go on Bangla.

go-go closed until 8pm so not in the equation,and most bars rarely have 2-3 ladies sitting there during the day and certainly not appealing to me enough to stop and chat.

ladies are rarely in evidence during daylight hours walking the street and i was normally with my chosen lady for the trip anyway so not interested in what 'might' be available.

things are different every day,sometimes it's pissing down with rain so an ideal chance to stop and read the paper,play a game and have a chat with friends.

things are different when the sun goes down and i avoid many things.

in the last 2 years i have only ever been to 1 bar after nightfall on Bangla,the rest of the road has no interest for me.

but the Soi's off of Bangla are my favourites as i go with my lady and they normally have friends in the bar and like to see them and i like those places as it's relaxed and quiet.

nice to have a quiet drink,chat and food with them with no hassle.

luckily i know where to go for a quiet night and avoid the aggressive people.

so many tourists think Bangla is the be all and end all of Patong.

all you need to do is to explore the Soi's and some great times can be had.

but some people are easily dazzled by the bright lights and overbearing ladies and just give in.

but i will admit another distraction,but not on Bangla.

out the back door of my hotel was bar which i'm sure never got any big custom.

out of sight to the tourist but normally a lady or 2 sitting around from around midday.

i have been known to stop and have a drink with a lady who was working and after promising a couple of drinks have(after chat)been taken into the toilet and given a BJ.

they get their drink,i get the BJ and i always gave a little tip.

and the particular ladies are pleased to see me the next day,unless i was with someone else and i would get the forlorn look from them as they realised no drinks or cash for them that day.

but the Soi's off of Bangla are my favourites as i go with my lady and they normally have friends in the bar and like to see them and i like those places as it's relaxed and quiet.

nice to have a quiet drink,chat and food with them with no hassle.

What areas are you talking about?

There was a "new" bar area with around 20-30 beer bars on Sawatdirak road, but it is unfortunately gone due to heavy construction (apartments and hotels) in this area.

Is the one bar complex on beach road (Thaweewong road) close to Safari beach hotel still there?

Or are you talking about the fast popping up and vanishing scattered bars in the side sois of Ratuthit road?

What areas are you talking about?

There was a "new" bar area with around 20-30 beer bars on Sawatdirak road, but it is unfortunately gone due to heavy construction (apartments and hotels) in this area.

Is the one bar complex on beach road (Thaweewong road) close to Safari beach hotel still there?

Or are you talking about the fast popping up and vanishing scattered bars in the side sois of Ratuthit road?

the areas you mention are still have bars but small ones,not in 'your face' so to speak.

but the bars come as you say come and go and sometimes a fave one has disappered between visits.

i can walk from my hotel to the beach on a shortish route(not via Bangla)and pass 50/60 bars which are quiet and have little staff.

but these are the one's i like,small amount of staff and little pressure to buy drinks all the time.

if i want to buy drinks i will but i don't like the pressure that is put on you at times in many of the big bars.

on Bangla all you need is to walk 40 feet down a Soi going off of it and you can find some good places.

sometimes the music is very loud but some have jukeboxes which is a novelty.

as i say Bangla is a magnet for the tourist but if tourists would just explore a little they will find better places.

my fave bar at night had a good live band and i recommended it to other people and they were amazed at the time they had.

only 60 feet off of Bangla and they had no idea of the kind of bar they found.

rocking until 5am sometimes and it seemed to be the Antipodeans dancing and singing.

but i could walk another 50 feet down the Soi and i would be in a quiet place where conversation can be heard and very relaxed.

Back to topic: Are there any good videos of Bangla road?

as a matter of interest i went on youtube and just put in 'Patong videos' and a few came up.

i looked at the christmas/new year 2011-2012 as i was there at the time.

i certainly recognised some of the ladies on the street as they seem a permanent fixture.

and of course i recognised many of the places shown.

and horror upon horror i think... :dunno: i saw myself walking down the road.

but i suppose if you define your search to things like 'Bangla Rd' there will be a lot more options to view..........

anyway have a look and enjoy.

Archived