Decline Of Stickman?

pai mei

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what visa issues? u can still buy as many as u want for as long as u want?

do u also expect visas to come wrapped in pink hearts for ya with a free candy from the tourist(port) authority lol? :closemouth:

It seems, that for example the visa situation in Cambo is much more relaxed - but the living conditions for a Farang in Cambo of course can't be compared to LOS (entertainment, shopping, infrastructure, health care, e.g.)

Mr.Stickman is now really limited on who or what he can interview,most of his interview's have been people with self serving agendas of how,why or what they are doing living in Thailand.Actually he does pretty good with the materiel he has to work with.Really! who wants an interview from an old,fat drunk,Thai complaining,Farang?For his interview w/the Shark character,the guy is delusional on his importance to society and I have a feeling he is on Disability social security from Australia.

what visa issues? u can still buy as many as u want for as long as u want?

do u also expect visas to come wrapped in pink hearts for ya with a free candy from the tourist(port) authority lol? :closemouth:

Hey, I'm not the one who starts the threads in the Visa forum. To date, I've had zero problems getting a Tourist visa, but non-Imm seems to be a slightly more tedious exercise.

Lets forget the subject of the interview - my own theory goes a lot like this :

- Stick makes no secret that he is heartily sick of covering the nightlife precincts - hence pieces on travel to SVN and Cambo

- Stick still has to make advertisers and readers happy

- Stick undoubtedly gets emails from various people suggesting that they would make interesting interview subjects -

Easy to piss people off, and probably a perversely enjoyable interview to publish, but he now has a clear reason to go back to pictorials of Thais living normal lives in various parts of LOS.

I would also note that our Shark friend worked very hard to subscribe to Stickman's jaded view of Pattaya (and Thais in general), but got a little off message when he started going on about how his '300-baht beach girls' were fantastic human beings who bought him food while he was in jail. Stick could probably have written that interview without leaving his condo, but I guess some people get off walking around Pattaya with someone who clearly wants to intimidate those around him.

This makes sense. There is not much more that can be safely said about the nightlife here, unless you are going to do write-ups on new bars and promotions. I can see why anyone who lives here quickly gets bored with writing about the nightlife venues.

It is easy to piss off people here, and I would not want to piss off Mr. Shark. Even though the interview was tame, when you look at the substance of what this guy was saying, well, you could draw your own conclusions about this fellow, and many of us here obviously have. I will leave it at that.

I personally find discussions about Thai history and politics fascinating, but that is probably even more dangerous (if you treat the subject honestly) and certainly won't attract any advertisers. So I am not sure what other options Stick has other than what he is doing now.

The so called Shark is the lowest of the low, the very scum of the Earth - an ugly and extremely viscious parasite. Stickman decides on a fluff piece. What a fucking joke! And this says to me unspoken volumes on Stickman's character. For very great shame.

This is not what I'd call decline - this is free-fall.

The so called Shark is the lowest of the low, the very scum of the Earth - an ugly and extremely viscious parasite. Stickman decides on a fluff piece. What a fucking joke! And this says to me unspoken volumes on Stickman's character. For very great shame.

This is not what I'd call decline - this is free-fall.

Seems that the article did a good job of creating enough of a response/controversy to be talked about on this forum, so I would say that stick is probably pretty happy with it.

I tend to look at any forum post that is anti-stickman, immediately look at the post count of the author and if it's someone with a very low post count I automatically assume - "ok, the galt is back!" [sorry to the poster if I am incorrect].

I then visit the notstickman site and it has usually changed or been updated...this is the case right now.

I don't agree with everything stick writes, but I will give it up to him for his consistency in delivering a weekly column, and I do read it every sunday morning while taking a dump.

I don't agree with everything stick writes, but I will give it up to him for his consistency in delivering a weekly column, and I do read it every sunday morning while taking a dump.

Do you print out a hard copy and use it as TP? its about all it is worth

Archived