Decline Of Stickman?

pai mei

Do you print out a hard copy and use it as TP? its about all it is worth

I didn't mean it to read that way. I read it on my ipad. To be honest I can't think of a more relaxing moment of the week...ipad + stickman + bog + cup of coffee + occasional tobacco product = happy buddha sunday morning.

This works in conjunction with a hearty glass of 'chocolate smooth move tea' before I hit the sack on saturday night making for a very robust reading atmosphere.

Again I do not always agree with what is being said, and I have a fascination with the whole galt vs. stickman thing...but I do tip my hat to his consistency and I enjoy reading his weekly regardless of if I agree.

I wasn't put off by the interview of the Shark. My view of living in Thailand is that is a lot like playing an a really entertaining role player video game. The characters one encounters seem to reinforce. No disrespect to the Shark but he totally reinforced this view. He sounds like he enjoys his time there and is the very opposite of me in that I relish my anonymity. I thought he was as worthy of an interview as anyone else stickman interviews.

I would like to see some board members get interviewed. First and fore mostly Khun Sanuk is worthy of an interview. Fiery jack would make for an excellent read. Gadfly would be an interesting subject. ChuckWoww [haven't seen a post from him in a while] would be worth a read, and you yourself Mr. Mekong to name a few.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to look at any forum post that is anti-stickman, immediately look at the post count of the author and if it's someone with a very low post count I automatically assume - "ok, the galt is back!" [sorry to the poster if I am incorrect].

I then visit the notstickman site and it has usually changed or been updated...this is the case right now.

I tend to look at content and weigh against things I'm familiar with (experience, sources, etc.) A quick search of your past content indicates some sort of Galt fetish, so I'll try not to be too judgmental. But, even one with a primitive command of English could distinguish Galt from my post.

Criticism of a Stickman column and low post count = Galt. Very interesting formula. I'll tell you what, lets make a friendly wager, and I'll give you 100 to 1 odds that I am not Galt, and then we can have KS validate. Nothing less than 10k baht bet though. If you win, you'll have a million baht. What do you say mr anonymous?

I just thought of something much more nefarious, what if in fact you are Galt, and this is all a ruse to throw off the scent. God damn you Galt, you are one slick bastard.

I tend to look at content and weigh against things I'm familiar with (experience, sources, etc.) A quick search of your past content indicates some sort of Galt fetish, so I'll try not to be too judgmental. But, even one with a primitive command of English could distinguish Galt from my post.

Criticism of a Stickman column and low post count = Galt. Very interesting formula. I'll tell you what, lets make a friendly wager, and I'll give you 100 to 1 odds that I am not Galt, and then we can have KS validate. Nothing less than 10k baht bet though. If you win, you'll have a million baht. What do you say mr anonymous?

I just thought of something much more nefarious, what if in fact you are Galt, and this is all a ruse to throw off the scent. God damn you Galt, you are one slick bastard.

Galt is really not worth to be discussed any longer - he is gone a long time now.

The so called Shark is the lowest of the low, the very scum of the Earth - an ugly and extremely viscious parasite. Stickman decides on a fluff piece. What a fucking joke! And this says to me unspoken volumes on Stickman's character. For very great shame.

This is not what I'd call decline - this is free-fall.

I suspect Stickman has exhausted his subject and looking for something else to write about (I would not fault him for that), but if others think the subjects Stick used to be covered can still be covered in an interesting manner that attracts an audience and advertising, they should set up their own site and do exactly that. It's an opportunity to live in Thailand, spend time in the night life venues and, presumably, earn a decent living.

It was my understanding that he passed away.....

BB

If that's true BB, RIP. Thanks for reporting it, enjoyed chuck's wit and will miss him. Would also like to see him get a thread mourning his passing separate of here (not criticizing you for letting people know, it's just more important than being embedded in this thread).

btw - I hope it's not true, but suspect it wouldn't be posted on a rumor. RIP Chuck....

I suspect Stickman has exhausted his subject and looking for something else to write about (I would not fault him for that), but if others think the subjects Stick used to be covered can still be covered in an interesting manner that attracts an audience and advertising, they should set up their own site and do exactly that. It's an opportunity to live in Thailand, spend time in the night life venues and, presumably, earn a decent living.

Gadfly, I posted because I actually like Stickman. And regardless of what is out there, I do believe he has some integrity. In some ways it might just be fascinating to get Shark's story, but this article wasn't like that. I'm not sure what the purpose was, but there is certainly a loss of some respect for promoting good ole boy Shark. If you're burned out on nightlife, please don't tell me this is the alternative?

Shark IS part of Pattaya's nightlife. If there was no nightlife in Pattaya, there would be no Shark there. And of course the type of nightlife as it can be found in Pattaya attracts such characters as Shark. So even Stick intends to broaden his topics beyond nightlife, he still falls back on his only core competence: nightlife!

I don't think the main criticism is his choice of subjects, rather that his interviews aren't really interviews but more like he's handing over a podium to someone to say whatever they like with as little interference as possible from Stick. Stick's role then is to offer up agreeable questions only, and to stay quiet if they mention something that's a lie, or strange, or whatever. They're PR pretending to be interviews. So is he doing the best he can? If he's capable of the courage it takes to ask a serious, potentially difficult question, then the answer is clearly No.

I mean... have a look: http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanWeeklyColumn2012/Jake-Needham.htm

Honest impressions please.

Archived