Decline Of Stickman?

pai mei

If that's true BB, RIP. Thanks for reporting it, enjoyed chuck's wit and will miss him. Would also like to see him get a thread mourning his passing separate of here (not criticizing you for letting people know, it's just more important than being embedded in this thread).

btw - I hope it's not true, but suspect it wouldn't be posted on a rumor. RIP Chuck....

Thanks for the concern. I'm sure you will all be thrilled to learn that Chuckwoww may be dead but I am alive and in fairly good health. I check in here every day or so but I haven't been posting. No particular reason but I do have other interests including grandchildren, gardening and various creative endeavors under my real name.

I haven't been to Thailand for several years and no desire to go back. I prefer to remember it how it was. Best wishes to all anyway. CW

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the concern. I'm sure you will all be thrilled to learn that Chuckwoww may be dead but I am alive and in fairly good health. I check in here every day or so but I haven't been posting. No particular reason but I do have other interests including grandchildren, gardening and various creative endeavors under my real name.

I haven't been to Thailand for several years and no desire to go back. I prefer to remember it how it was. Best wishes to all anyway. CW

Happy to see you and happy to have been wrong !

Good to have you......

BB

This is a relevant point. Stickman does ask for, reacts to, and posts feedback from his readership within his weekly. Why did the OP choose the more visible and perhaps less effective route of posting to a forum.

To the OP:

Gambling is illegal in Thailand and I will not allow thai360 to be put in a weird position so I will refuse the bet.

I am sorry if my assertion has offended you, but it was what i felt, a faith based assessment based on zero facts. Again it was not my wish to insult you.

I do admit to having an unnatural fascination with the stickman vs. galt thing.

I am not galt (either?)? I'm an asshole but a different asshole altogether.

Will the real Galt please stand up? Nice good-natured self deprecating post btw. :up:

I take a Thai class and there are a handful of die hard stickman aficionados in the group. And even the teacher, a conservative 50something Thai female, points students to posts on his site occasionally, she seems to have more of a like/hate sentiment though - but sends fellas who are lovestruck and about to enter a marriage or relationship a little blind there to do reading assignments. haha. Not kidding.

Shark's came up this past March when he made the newspaper, and one former bodybuilder guy who spent a lot of time in Australia told us that Shark was run out of town there and seen as a fraud. He would do things like post photos of himself with his "Lamborghinis" only to find out they were rentals. That kind of small petty stuff coupled with the fact that he would send these bizarro threats of violence to people on the bodybuilding forums made him known as a person to avoid. Anyway, when he stabbed the Canadian teacher there was this exchange of information about the great Shark. I had all but forgot about it till another guy in the class sent some of us an email earlier this week: "Hey, remember Shark, he's in stickman." Now Shark is a guy I'm sure who is happy we're talking about him. And I probably am playing into his need for attention.

Been a defender of Stickman in the past, but not on this one. The reason for posting here: curious to get the opinions of some. Never posted to the stickman site, where it would go through a filter and a pick/choose process. Nah. Posted here because it is an open forum and was curious. And I was bored. But I wasn't going for mass traffic. :) Spur of the moment thing anyway.

And I still haven't been swayed from the original thought - was dissappointed to see Shark as the flavor of the week on Stickman and portrayed in a flattering light. In my eyes that is a decline. It's probably just me.

====

Glad that tales of your demise were bullshit. BB should should be more cautious posting that kind of stuff. :doah: Enjoy reading what you have to say, hope you see your way to posting again when so inclined.

And the 'no desire to go back' = strong statement. Maybe one of these days you can elaborate, would definitely be curious to hear...

Welcome back from the dead. Just like Jesus Christ. :)

Good to hear you're alive Chuck.

Stick - a piece outlining/exploring negative emails to you would be an all time record breaker in terms of traffic etc. I wasn't impressed with the Shark character, but I deal with cretins like this often and they got old quick. I could be wrong, he could be a great lad I've never met him.

KS/Stick - make your peace, you were both good friends once (as far as I know), and it stands out like dogs' balls something has happened - probably something trivial to one of you but hurtful to the other...

Glad that tales of your demise were bullshit. BB should should be more cautious posting that kind of stuff.

First I tried checking old posts, could not find them, but deffy remember reading about this.

But sure happy CW is still with us :) and will be more carefull next time....

BB

Hi,

"KS/Stick - make your peace, you were both good friends once (as far as I know), and it stands out like dogs' balls something has happened - probably something trivial to one of you but hurtful to the other... "

I would settle for knowing what it was that happened :(

Sanuk!

First I tried checking old posts, could not find them, but deffy remember reading about this.

But sure happy CW is still with us :) and will be more carefull next time....

BB

There was a different Chuckwow who used to post on the Nanapong board. Don't think he posted on this one. Anyway, that CW did pass on some time ago. 

I cannot verify everything someone says to me. You take people at their word and hope that what they tell you is true. I don't doubt that people I have chatted with have embellished stories but I am not going to go back and edit every last little thing. Sometimes I receive emails from people claiming someone I have chatted with has lied. It's impossible to know who is telling the truth.

In Jake Needham's case, I don't think it is impossible to know who is telling the truth. Let's just acknowledge the elephant in the room: IMDB says he has just worked on one film, and it looks like it was a B movie shot in Thailand. There's a big discrepancy here. Maybe there's an explanation, but just based on what we can see, it does look like Needham is one of those interviewees who embellishes his bio. I think "embellish" is generous. This wasn't just a minor detail in the column, it was what he used to establish himself early on in the interview as something of a former Hollywood player, and a lot of what he says in the rest is tied in with that. He's saying "this is who I am." It made me doubt everything that came after that.

Your site doesn't have comments enabled or a forum attached (which I can appreciate the reasons for), so there's no opportunity for someone to call him on it. So it means you're the only person who can play the role of cop, but it seems as if you don't want to. To do that, it would mean doing some preparation for the interview--homework. This is a public person, and this is public info. There are no privacy issues involved in looking up his public bio and credits.

As a reader, for me at least that one was a bit like being trapped on a barstool having to listen to some guy's spiel about how he's ex-CIA, anything I mention he tries to top, etc etc. And his resume is impressive enough without this, so it seems strange that he does it.

Archived