Decline Of Stickman?

pai mei

He DOES publish criticism, but he DOES NOT necessarily respond to said criticism - personally, I dont have a problem with that. I would, however, prefer to see opening pieces on Thailand and the Thai people - you can find a 'Mr Shark' in every major population centre on earth. There is another thread like this on the pattayafree forum - if anything, the response there is even more negative as people seem to have more of Shark's backstory. Its all grist for the mill, but I much prefer the Vietnam stories from previous weeks.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's good to see he's still got it, at his age, weight and derelict mental state. :neener:

Just reading Stick's column, he claims his hosting costs are 70 USD a month. I cant think of a business anywhere that wouldnt kill for such incredibly low 'rent'. Could you run a street stall for that kind of money ??

Doh !

Most Thai girls cannot tell the difference between a Kiwi and an Aussie

Given that most of them live in Au-freakin-stalia, I cant imagine WHY ....

My link

The 1973 Trans-Tasman Travel Arrangement has allowed Australian and New Zealand citizens to enter each other's country to visit, live and work, without the need to apply for authority to enter the other country.

The movement of New Zealanders to and from Australia relates primarily to the economic conditions prevailing in both countries. In particular, the number of New Zealanders in Australia increases in times of economic buoyancy in Australia relative to New Zealand and decreases when economic conditions are slow.

At 30 June 2010, an estimated 566 815 New Zealand citizens were present in Australia.

paul_henry__7350081094.jpg

Why, my Buddha, why ?

It's good to see he's still got it, at his age, weight and derelict mental state. :neener:

Nowt i can do about my age and possibly nowt i can do about my weight but my mental state after a month in LOS is improving rapidly. In London now at my brothers watching Murray v Federer while sipping a few pints of Timothy Taylor's Landlord. :grinyes:

Just reading Stick's column, he claims his hosting costs are 70 USD a month. I cant think of a business anywhere that wouldnt kill for such incredibly low 'rent'. Could you run a street stall for that kind of money ??

NO, you read WRONG. Read it again.

[Removed - KS] Stickman claimed that he pays $70 a YEAR, not a fucking MONTH...

NO, you read WRONG. Read it again.

[Removed - KS] Stickman claimed that he pays $70 a YEAR, not a fucking MONTH...

being

70 bucks a year ? Could you even host a single static page of HTML with your own domain name for that ? Still, Stick's site isn't too far from a single static page .... clearly, the interviewee thought he said 'a month' - check his response below.

You must have huge server costs. I pay $70 a year all up for my site which gets serious traffic. But I get the feeling you pay a little bit more...

It would be impossible to run my site on $70 a month! We pay a lot more than that! One of the reasons our hosting costs are quite expensive is that we recently relocated our servers from Texas to Singapore because 80% of all our traffic is based in Asia. Of course most of our users are in Thailand and I want to give our users the best possible experience. Before, page load times were around the 5-second mark. Now they are just under 4 seconds. It might not seem much but a second for every person for every interaction on the site really saves time.

Still, as Stick pointed out earlier in this thread, its all about unique hits and the perceived value of those hits to advertisers. When I finally get to Thailand, I plan to make a few Amazon purchases via click-thrus from this site that will make KS an instant millionaire ! :clown:

1,000,000.00 IDR = 3,364.427 THB

Hang in there, KS - payday's coming and you'll be buying everyone beers on that back of a windfall like that !

Archived