Drink Prices In Upmarket Bkk Venues In 2012 ?

gobbledonk

I think you mean 'indulge', and Devil's Den gives you the choice of deciding based on the online profiles - with clear photos - or going down to their establishment and making your choice in person. Having walked past it on my last trip, I cant say that I saw anyone outside who lit my fire but common sense dictates that the hotties are, ahem, heavily booked. And that brings me to a gag Jeff Ross used at Hugh Hefner's roast -

Hugh really is a good guy - he hooked me up with this adult film actress. I called her up to see when she was free for dinner.

She said 'Well, Im working Tuesday and Wednesday - how about Thursday ?'

I said 'Er, how about Monday ?'

Jeff wouldnt enjoy Pattaya. :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Whilst the naughty boy bars in BKK are hardly 'upmarket', I feel the need to add this from Stick's weekly column for August 26, 2012:

If you're sensitive to the price of drinks (as I certainly am), it pays to inquire about the price of drinks before ordering to avoid bill shock later. A number of Soi Cowboy bars charge 180 baht a drink, 160 baht is a common number in Nana Plaza and over in Patpong, if you're not careful you might find yourself paying 230 baht for top shelf drinks - and I'm not even talking about the upstairs rip-off bars.

Are drinks prices about to increase across the board? The sin tax on hard liquor went up this week so prices may move. With that said, venues are competing more than ever for customers, so my guess is most venues will just absorb the cost.

Archived