Last Call - Revive Thai 360

kamui

Alholk,

Did you inform anyone that you were in town or post a thread in the "Metings Forum"?

No you didn't so you only have yourself to blame.

I still meet up with quite a few BM's past and present but rather than a fixed weekly meeting we now make plans via Phone, Skype, email or PM on this board at a time suitable to both parties.

I like the irony of you complaining about the "Better than Thou" posters and then stating you have been visiting Thailand since 1982 and know it all, Pot Kettle Black!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I wonder if no longer having the Friday meetings has had an effect.

It might, but is there less traffic on the board because there are no regular meetings anymore, or are there no regular meetings anymore because there is less traffic on the board?

I think part of the reason the Friday meetings stopped is because attendances was very low. It was not uncommon for there to be only 2-4 people, usually the same ones.

As Mekong pointed out, many of us are happy to meet up if someone shows up. Just make a quick post in the Meetings forum mentioning you'll be in town and want to meet up. Very easy to arrange something.

Sanuk!

Alholk,

Did you inform anyone that you were in town or post a thread in the "Metings Forum"?

No you didn't so you only have yourself to blame.

I still meet up with quite a few BM's past and present but rather than a fixed weekly meeting we now make plans via Phone, Skype, email or PM on this board at a time suitable to both parties.

I like the irony of you complaining about the "Better than Thou" posters and then stating you have been visiting Thailand since 1982 and know it all, Pot Kettle Black!

I was considering a post in the "Meetings forum" but decided against it as I had other plans. I wasn't complaining about the discontinued Friday meetings but meerly agreeing that they might have had an impact on the board member ship.

I have never claimed to know it all. That is only in your imagination. What I was refering to were some sad wankers who think that they should have respect just for living there. I have met enough loosers in Thailand to not automatically respect people because they live there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been away from the board for many of the reasons noted here, facebook, twitter, etc. That being said, I just recently had to delete my facebook account along with a number of contacts and pics due to a security breach :( which brings me back here. :biggrin:

I've failed to write any trip reports for my last 3 visits and come to realize I cant remember half of the girls I spent time with or even where I went. I guess that's the price of getting old. :confused:

I'll definitely post some reviews when I return next month if for no other reason that its nice to have an "anonymous" bank of stories/memories that I can reference from time to time.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I was a bit vague on why I posted the above. Stickman called NP "defunct" and said some uncomplimentary things about NP/Thai360. I guess KS was right about Stickman holding some sort of grudge against either him or the site. I do know that Stickman is representative of the highest form of human evolution, so I do believe him and his reasons for not participating in thai forums anymore. My only question to him would be; Why do you still live here?

Maybe I was a bit vague on why I posted the above. Stickman called NP "defunct" and said some uncomplimentary things about NP/Thai360. I guess KS was right about Stickman holding some sort of grudge against either him or the site. I do know that Stickman is representative of the highest form of human evolution, so I do believe him and his reasons for not participating in thai forums anymore. My only question to him would be; Why do you still live here?

I checked Stick's weeklies until beginning of June. He never mentioned Thai360.

It is in the current weekly, "keyboard warriors." I would prefer (and believe that KS would also prefer) not to provide a link but in paragraph 4, he uses the term "defunct" in referring to NP and extolling the good old days. Later on, he bashes most thai forums as they exist today, and I am sure that would include thai360, which is NP with a different name. If he feels that strongly about the state of thai forums, he could have posted his concerns here, as he has said he usually looks at thai360 about once a week. As his site isn't a forum (and according to him never will be), you will never hear criticism about him there but certainly hear about his pet peeves concerning posters on web sites (including thai). If dealing with other ex pats is such a drag (and his website is directed towards ex pats), I wonder why he stays in Thailand?

Archived