Last Call - Revive Thai 360

kamui

I guess by now all frequent Thai360 members have realized that the number of posts has slowed down and the number of active members has been reduced to a very small group of mostly long time members.

New members often post once and never return. Old members leave, often after spat with another member or just move on (that's of course absolutely normal).

But actually I am not interested in looking back, but ahead in the hope that it should be possible to revive this board.

Most important of course is get and _keep_ new members.

Some thoughts, open to discussion:

IMHO it is about two major points: Content and Atmosphere!

Content:

- IMHO nightlife _should_ be still a huge draw for newcomers. But the nightlife forum rarely has any reports about favorite bars, e.g. which could attract newcomers. No reports about a night out, where to go and as it seems at SC, which bars to avoid. Also Nana seems to change, therefore new reports would be very interesting (including beer and Bf prices, girls attituede e.g.).

- Currently expats/ long time visitors almost never write about daily stuff or interesting projects, like building a house, trouble with apartments, whatever, which might attract others in the same situation are planning longterm for LOS.

- Unless in a German LOS forum currently there are absolutely no reports about living with a TG, marrying a TG, relocating a TG to Farangland (visa trouble, language, money, whatever). But this might have to do with the fact that the German forum avoids to speak in detail about P4P. Maybe it is difficult to have both on one board - especially since P4P seems to put off completely women members.

Atmosphere:

When I join the board I think my first post was "Suprise - My BG does not want my money! "

cheerleader.gif

The post got some really good answers and created a very interesting discussion. Thus I stayed on, I felt at home and got really good and substantial information.

IMHO we should encourage new members to ask ANY question. Those old members who aren't interested in this stuff, just should stay away without comment.

I guess it comes with the age of a board that it's becoming more and more an insider's club with a lot of internal jokes newbies can't understand and with some old ill-will between members which sometimes poisons the atmosphere. I guess you can't do much about this. Only the influx of new member will be able to cover this.

YOUR thoughts, please!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are two ongoing threads from Long Term Expats, Coss with his "MLG Thread" and my own "Let Battle Commence Thread" Unfortunately both Coss and I are more comfortable with our threads in the "Board Sponsors" section rather open to General Public.

Cavanami has posted about his Visa trials and tribulations recently and KS has had his moan about 90 reporting back in February, but there is only so much that one can post about visas.

I have no intention of building a house in Thailand and am very comfortable in my Condo, signed another 12 month lease 2-3 weeks ago and the rent stayed the same as last year, since it is a Private rental my Utilities bills are paid direct to the Utility companies and not marked up by the Condo Management.

Hi,

First of all, I appreciate what you are trying to do and certainly would not mind an increase in traffic to this board, but I don't think it is that easy.

We all know what needs doing (i.e. more new people showing up - and staying - and more interesting conversations) but it is a lot easier said than done.

The Internet is not the same as it was 10 years ago. There are a LOT more forums / websites were people can find information about Thailand or talk about it. This results in less people per website and less questions being asked (a lot of stuff can be found with a search so why bother registering on a forum asking the question).

On top of that people are more concious of privacy issues. Coss and Mekong both asking me to move their topics into a more private area is a good example. Many people are also reluctant to post about personal stuff, myself included. Too many fucked up people online.

Many of us have also been around on the forums for a long time and have discussed everything a dozen times already and many things we considered interesting at one time have become mundane now (especially true for those living here I think).

So, where does that leave us? Fucked if I know :)

Sanuk!

I'm sorry, but we need another Frede - a complete arsehole who posts endlessly about his exploits cornholing Thai whores. I cant think of a single (current) regular who particularly enjoys those threads, but its what the one-handed meat beaters in the Arab/Indian world want.

The regulars here got older, wiser and no longer feel the need to give intricate details of their appendages going in and out of various orifices. Start posting a few such threads, with the odd anonymous gyno shot, and I guarantee that your web traffic will skyrocket.

Given sufficient time, I reckon I could code a pRon generator which would magically take a few TGs names and weave them in with gems like 'crevice', 'lube' and 'throbbing' for a seriously happy ending. Hey, why stop at hetero action ? If we want to carve out a niche for this board, the future is PINK !

sirimongkol-1.jpg

If it doesn't include splooging in a tarts handbag it's not worth reading, nuff said.

I've been reading this board a few years, even made the odd post now and again, fark even showed up once on a Friday, ooh ooh no twice, wow!

But I get it, the world is way smaller and there are so many more veins to it, like KS said a lot more places to get your online Thai fix. I would also agree that newbies asking how much for ST or LT, is Thermae still open or how to tell a ladyboy are all questions likely to raise a chorus of "Puh-leeese!" or "SEARCH!!!" type responses, not what the newbie wants for sure so best just not reply is my take, or drop down to that level and re-iterate the laws of mongering.

Truth is though that not many of us do it anymore, you now, the mongering bit, we have a different angle, and those that do 'do it' don't need to ask questions or tell of their exploits, we're all sort of inverse Frede's.

No idea what to do about though

If it doesn't include splooging in a tarts handbag it's not worth reading, nuff said.

I've been reading this board a few years, even made the odd post now and again, fark even showed up once on a Friday, ooh ooh no twice, wow!

But I get it, the world is way smaller and there are so many more veins to it, like KS said a lot more places to get your online Thai fix. I would also agree that newbies asking how much for ST or LT, is Thermae still open or how to tell a ladyboy are all questions likely to raise a chorus of "Puh-leeese!" or "SEARCH!!!" type responses, not what the newbie wants for sure so best just not reply is my take, or drop down to that level and re-iterate the laws of mongering.

Truth is though that not many of us do it anymore, you now, the mongering bit, we have a different angle, and those that do 'do it' don't need to ask questions or tell of their exploits, we're all sort of inverse Frede's.

No idea what to do about though

Agree. There are more sites available these days. This site was good because it covered a fairly wide range of subjects - I was even given more latitude to discuss political issues than I expected - and kept the nightlife stuff within reasonable bounds. Now there is more competition today. And sites are more narrowly focused. Its sort of like what you with the news in the US. Conservatives watch Fox and live in one bubble, and liberals watch MSNBC and live in another bubble.

If Nana goes through the major changes that are predicted with the change of landlords maybe traffic will pick up. The one good thing about this site is that it has a back log of contemporaneous posts from 10 years ago. This site has a great deal of information on what Nana was like a decade ago, and its all based on regular posters rather than paid columnists. There must be some value in that?

Archived