Last Call - Revive Thai 360

kamui

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have a number of issues for newbies.

1) as a guest, without joining, they can not see anything in the nightlife sections, so essentially anyone new does not consider this a nightlife forum. Your protectionism causes people to move on to easier forums

2) the index is a waste.. 70 percent of the index page is useless information ( ie when the last person posted etc). Other versions show more content of what is actually posted on the board. When i look at the index page I see a dozen or so topics and many of them have not been commented on in some time.Unregistered newbies cant see anything in the nightlife section so as far as they are concerned there are about 4 threads that have been commented on in the last few days. That is all the forums index page shows.

Even if you add writing contests etc, it will still look like a ghost town to new people arriving.

I did recommend this site to a lad I know - bit of a newbie and loving it, you know the story. He signed up and couldn't read the trip reports. Doubt he would be a prolific poster but since he couldn't read the TR's he just stopped visiting.

I'm not a big forum visitor, especially for Thailand related stuff. In the past I did have a look at a few, a couple of Pattaya forums (pattaya addicts was one, can't remember the other) and the Bangkok Tonight one. Wasn't too enthused with any of them.

Are there others out there that are very active, or is it just a range of smaller very topic-focused ones?

Archived