Last Call - Revive Thai 360

kamui

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Not sure about Japanese or Korean, but yes there have been at least a couple of Indians on the board that I am aware of. And 2 Thai women, Jasmine and GoodThaiGirl.

Sanuk!

Wait - GTG was actually Thai AND a girl ? Man, when I think of the shit that various BMs dished out to her, its little wonder that we have so few regulars left. :banghead:

Jasmine, from memory, lived in the US and had a much less confrontational approach to the board - she realised she would get a lot more flies with honey than vinegar. GTG tried to take the misogynists on and the inevitable ensued. This is the same group who distrusted educated Thais because they 'knew too much'. :eek:

Hi,

Wait - GTG was actually Thai AND a girl ? Man, when I think of the shit that various BMs dished out to her, its little wonder that we have so few regulars left. :banghead:

To be honest, I don't know. I've never seen any evidence that either proved she was nor any that proved she wasn't.

Sanuk!

Jasmine, from memory, lived in the US and had a much less confrontational approach to the board - she realised she would get a lot more flies with honey than vinegar. GTG tried to take the misogynists on and the inevitable ensued. This is the same group who distrusted educated Thais because they 'knew too much'. :eek:

Jasmine was great, she brought a very different and very interesting perspective on many matters Thai to the board.

Hi,

Teakdoor and ThaiVisa seem to be doing quite well.

Sanuk!

The overwhelming majority of members of ThaiVisa are spiteful cretins.

I for one am glad this isn't ThaiVisa. Don't get me wrong - there are some good forums - I particularly like reading the Thai language one for instance. But I mind trying to get some more information on the killing of that Australian lady in Phuket and the thread on ThaiVisa showed an obviously hand held video of the CCTV footage of the whole cowardly act. Discussion was clearly impossible, because the whole thread was about who the mysterious camera man was that happened to be filming an untoward street. Experts with so called 30 years+ cameraman experience queried the legitimacy of the thing - and a succession of dunces, kept asking why someone was filming the street. That was in between the guys who claimed the whole thing was a conspiracy, others that thought the men apprehended were 'country yokels' to make the police look good, the hang 'em high crowd, and the (im)moral philosophers.

The whole thing was incredibly depressing 99% of them are morons (in that particular thread). Go read it yourself if you want. I think I can safely say that without any argument. It was just super depressingly true. You read stuff like that and you come away feeling dirty - like the scum can somehow touch you - you feel sad that people can be so wilfully stupid, prejudiced and damned spiteful.

With regards a panacea for Thai 360? I second the call for opening the site up. Make the site more welcoming for newcomers.

Jesus you don't have to be Einstein to see the viscious bashing of newcomers here - it's too cliquey. There are too many exclusive groups. Too many private topics.

Khunsanuk you need to make an executive decision - make this an gentlemen's club with posh secret rooms - or open it up to the stampeding herd. It's your choice, but you should be aware that indecision will be the death of either option.

Hi,

With regards a panacea for Thai 360? I second the call for opening the site up. Make the site more welcoming for newcomers.

Jesus you don't have to be Einstein to see the viscious bashing of newcomers here - it's too cliquey. There are too many exclusive groups. Too many private topics.

Khunsanuk you need to make an executive decision - make this an gentlemen's club with posh secret rooms - or open it up to the stampeding herd. It's your choice, but you should be aware that indecision will be the death of either option.

I don't disagree on this site being cliquey (happens to pretty much any forum over time) nor that treatment of new members is often far from polite. This is not something I - as admin - have that much control over though, it is more something for the membership as a whole to handle.

As for the second part, there is only one private forum - mostly a ghost town now :) - and I would hardly call that 'too many exclusive groups' or 'Too many private topics'. BTW, you'd be surprised how many forums have (semi-)private forums. I really don't see why this should be a problem.

Sanuk!

Archived