Last Call - Revive Thai 360

kamui

Didn't realise that was payday - but that could be a good thing for some (burp) - second or third would work just as well though, but if it has been tried, never mind.

I'm as much to blame as anyone - used to go to Woodstock and Gulliver's whenever I was in town, would generally plan my holiday so I'd fly in on a Thursday/Friday and fly out on a weekend so I could catch one or two meetings, but there were a lot of years where I just didn't go to LOS (blame the ex wife for that one). A lot of the time I'd meet some lads in Pattaya or on other nights in BKK - there was always people around, and I generally knocked around with some old faces.. Some great days/nights over the years...

12 years ago is a quarter of a lifetime for me

Just noticed this Mekong, 12 years is just over a third for me which still makes me the baby of the group! Good to know with 40 just around the corner - don't tell anyone though, I've been passing myself off as "mid to late 20's" for over a decade now...

Haha,

I have been passing myself off as mid to late 20's since I first moved here back in '91, I am sure that I ain't fooling anybody anymore even though I still have a full head of dark hair and a BMI of 21.5.

Over the years on being on this board and meeting people in real life I have not met one board member I would not be prepared to meet again, yes we can all be keyboard warriors now and again but I find anyone prepared to stick their head above the parapet and hook up in real is a decent person without exception.

As my good friend and your fellow countryman huumlaar said, it is now getting difficult for some of us to make plans on a week in week out basis, it's now looking more likely that I will be spending more time in Pattaya again over the next few months (yes there is real work on ESB) drop me a line if you are over here in next few months.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as there're meetings being discussed, here, I'll post here as well as meetings.

I'm taking a well earned break from entertaining the Glorious People's Revolutionary Party, to wave my dick in the face of Thai Authority.

Or put another way, I'd be happy to drink beer with those who wish to, and to save time, and argument, Sam's 2,000, 5~7pm Friday.

Hah, so there, even if I'm the only one, it's a meeting ...

beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif

Hi,

Over the years on being on this board and meeting people in real life I have not met one board member I would not be prepared to meet again, yes we can all be keyboard warriors now and again but I find anyone prepared to stick their head above the parapet and hook up in real is a decent person without exception.

I definitely second that. Some people were pretty much what I expected from their on board persona, while others were totally different. Makes it fun :)

I miss the meetings, but to be honest, I don't really see how we can get this back to how it was.

Sanuk!

Where is Sam's 2000? Nongkhai?

Soi Cowboy, coming from Asoke it's on the left, not far from the entrance, a small food/bar. Pretty sure there's a sign, 4~5 bar-tables outside.

And now there's a competing meeting at Det 5 in Soi 8, see link

I'm happy to go there, (near to my hotel as it happens).

Sam's 2000 attendees, if there are any, head down Soi 8 :)

Are you kidding? I'm supposed to keep them awake and half-way interested. That means occasionally doing a song and dance, moving around the room and firing questions at them etc. Try working some time with people with an attention span of about 10 minutes. The ones studying on Saturday are usually those who have already failed the course once already. :p

Are you kidding? I'm supposed to keep them awake and half-way interested. That means occasionally doing a song and dance, moving around the room and firing questions at them etc. Try working some time with people with an attention span of about 10 minutes. The ones studying on Saturday are usually those who have already failed the course once already. :p

That reminds me when I was forced to take Latin lessons at university on Monday morning at 8pm. I failed miserably.

BACK to topic:

KS what do you thing about returning to the original board name? hmmmer.gif

Archived