Last Call - Revive Thai 360

kamui

you are actually the only real guy on this board! the one and only and original gobbie.

look at Khunsanuk, the benevolent Boarddictator; at Flashermac, the always online Thailand-Wikipedia...all made up!

If Flasher is 'always online', he must occasionally look over his shoulder to see if you are behind him ....

On the more important topic of T360 cliques, I don't seem to in one - go figure - can you and I form a 'clique' and spend the next couple of years torturing newbies ? I long to intimidate them with my incredible knowledge of all things Thai and Thailand ! Not to mention mongering all over Asia, of course, but that goes without saying. :evilpumpkin:

KS, this is part of a response I received in the 'private' forum on another board - its only private until you log a few posts then the board's owner grants you access if you arent a complete troll. No names, no pack drill, but its the kind of stuff I was alluding to earlier - the hardcore element :

I am not trying to be less gay or ashamed of it, I like a pre op ladyboy to fuck my ass raw so admit to being flaming in your face gay. What shocks me is the amount of "streight guys who pay the ladyboy to meet them at the hotel rather than face the walk of shame" They are even more gay for not having the balls to say fuck the rest of the world I am what I am.

Compare that to a bunch of Yanks bleating about the upcoming elections and its not hard to see which thread most punters are going to read. In both cases, someone is getting reamed, but the guy in italics actually seems to be enjoying it. Not my personal choice, but I'm sure your own stats would tell you how many hits the Katoey threads generated. :clown:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I don't disagree on this site being cliquey (happens to pretty much any forum over time) nor that treatment of new members is often far from polite. This is not something I - as admin - have that much control over though, it is more something for the membership as a whole to handle.

As for the second part, there is only one private forum - mostly a ghost town now :) - and I would hardly call that 'too many exclusive groups' or 'Too many private topics'. BTW, you'd be surprised how many forums have (semi-)private forums. I really don't see why this should be a problem.

Sanuk!

Maybe he's alluding to Nightlife being closed until recently. (actually I wouldn't notice this since I've had access to it all along -- so if some people coming here could not see it, my cookies and logged in state would prevent me from duplicating that experience)

For that section to be a draw, there need to be some recent good-quality reports in there.

I have an idea of one I could include in the Regional section. Similar to the Pattaya roundups I sometimes see in that section, which are always worth a look, and a good draw.

Hi,

I don't disagree on this site being cliquey (happens to pretty much any forum over time) nor that treatment of new members is often far from polite. This is not something I - as admin - have that much control over though, it is more something for the membership as a whole to handle.

As for the second part, there is only one private forum - mostly a ghost town now :) - and I would hardly call that 'too many exclusive groups' or 'Too many private topics'. BTW, you'd be surprised how many forums have (semi-)private forums. I really don't see why this should be a problem.

Sanuk!

I notice that some boards have a dedicated newbie section. A place guaranteed to be flame free and where no one will respond to a question with either a 'PUH-L-EEEESE!' or 'SEARCH!!!!!!!!!'

Re-cyling of threads can build traffic and sometimes produces meritorious off shoots. I recall a number of posts that got bumped recently despite being years old just because the newer board layout puts a selection of them at the bottom of a thread.

Just a thought

Hi,

"I notice that some boards have a dedicated newbie section."

So do we. The Introductions forum.

Sanuk!

The newbie section isn't working obviously. I would add a basic question/newbie question section in the nightlife forum with prices, recommended bars, e.g.

Hi,

I'd be happy to add that, but seeing that I've not been going to bars for about a decade I'd hardly be the right person to write anything in there :)

Sanuk!

And that probably tells it plain. If we accept that, well, sex sells and board activity, on a board of this nature, is likely to be driven by what some refer to as 'naughty nightlife' it seems reasonable that what the board needs is a core of merry mongers. Guys who do go out and splooge in handbags barfine coyotes and have them fuck office girl shagaholics or at the very least are actively BFing BG's and happy to write about it. One begets the other.

Provided it keeps away from the 'my tart's better than your tart' BS. That's what puts a lot off for sure.

I think even Stickman realised he needed to keep that side active for the website to continue even when he himself tired of it.

I belong to other forums that have very specific target groups and the posts rate about 6 a month. Never a mention of handbags either :(

Fuck.

I had two windows open - one a hi-fi forum and the other the Patts forum - and I pasted my reply to the Katoey-humper into a thread on the hi-fi forum, complete with a quote from our friend telling us about his GFE 'slamming the meat into me'.

Realised what I had done and edited the thing pretty quickly, but anyone subscribing to the thread will have an email with the backdoor bandit's quote in it. Kill me now.

Fuck.

I had two windows open - one a hi-fi forum and the other the Patts forum - and I pasted my reply to the Katoey-humper into a thread on the hi-fi forum, complete with a quote from our friend telling us about his GFE 'slamming the meat into me'.

Realised what I had done and edited the thing pretty quickly, but anyone subscribing to the thread will have an email with the backdoor bandit's quote in it. Kill me now.

Ahh, no. I'm not squeamish - put it that way. But the text I read made me want to throw up. Jesus are you having problems at home son?

Archived