Last Call - Revive Thai 360

kamui

my 1,000 Kips worth:

B and G are good ideas...

KS, changing the name back would work, I think that Nana may be heading for a renaissance anyway, so the board could aid/benefit from this.

I do agree about social networking, it's a fad, what is it said? "you can fool all the people some of the time?"

The text based mobile concept under B has merit. It's not a "Social Network", it's just communication...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"KS, changing the name back would work, I think that Nana may be heading for a renaissance anyway, so the board could aid/benefit from this."

I would be more inclined to build a new mini-site on NP.com and a link to this forum.

Google Ads and Nanaplaza.com don't go together :(

Oh, and as for item B. I checked that link and was expecting a forum script. What I found was a language framework.

I certainly see the merit in having a forum optimized for mobile devices, but there is no way I'll write a full forum app. (It would take weeks at least and I cannot justify that amount of time.)

A quick check also shows there is an app (Ios only so far) for this forum software already: IP.board mobile

Sanuk!

C.] Integrate social media reporting. One example: Let users tweet to a thai360 twitter account and create a real time reporting suite complete with photos...give this a page and cache the results on your server. Start making it easy for users to post photos while on the move.

That will not work....on twitter and Facebook people use their real name, something we do not do here......

BB

I would be more inclined to build a new mini-site on NP.com and a link to this forum.

Google Ads and Nanaplaza.com don't go together :(

To me, if the goal is to increase traffic to this forum, and the NP domain name is yours and there's not a good idea of what to use it for, then making the forum itself NP is the way to go. New traffic is going to skyrocket on whatever has that NP domain name, I feel pretty sure about that, and it will remain that way until NP itself is history. But if NP.com is a mini-site, Google search results that people see will not show that NP is a forum if it's a mini-site, therefore people who would be interested in the forum will be filtered out at that step, never even find out the forum exists.

But hey if you don't want to use the domain name, I'd be willing to do you a favor and take it off your hands. ;)

Message boards of the THAI360 ( how much I hate this name )type are not there to gain knowledge about the world or bring peace to the Middle East , they are there for entertainment . Proof : the buzier threads here are the ones like this one , about other boardmemebers or about Stickman . The Stick/Galt case created posts like silly although the case as such was total crap and an enormous wastage of time , I read everything of course .

I fully agree with Mr. Buddha to elimeinate all ancillaries and bring this back to a pure text thing , and further redevelop corporate spirit by using the Nanaplaza - headline . ( I read und understood what Mr. KS thinks about that ) . Great were the Delphi - times .

Additional remark : People like to complain about smartphones terrorising them , Twitter being a nuisance and Facebok spying in their underwear . Why do you f`$&&"% participate in this junk ? My Siemens S55 is 15 years old , doesn't even take photos and it never rings because nobody knows the number , including myself . And 3 carefully seöected individuals , one of them lovely Nok who will never understand Siam is 5 hours ahead .

A BuBi statement sponsored by Vodafone

Top results for Googling "nana plaza":

Nana Plaza

www.teobangkok.com/en/BangkokGoGoBars/NanaPlaza.aspx

Nana Plaza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nana_PlazaNana Plaza (officially Nana Entertainment Plaza; shortened NEP) is a 3 storey red-light district in Bangkok, which is rumoured to be the largest sex complex in ...

Images for nana plaza - Report images

Nana Plaza - Bangkok Hot Spots

www.bangkok.com/nightlife-go-go-bar/nana-plaza.htmLocated in Sukhumvit Soi 4, Nana Entertainment Plaza is Bangkok's sleaze central. Notorious for its racy themed go-go bars - from school-girl and leather ...

Nanaplaza - Bangkok nightlife

www.nanaplaza.com/Nanaplaza gives you information about Bangkok nightlife.

BTW Sorry now I get it about the problem with "NP"

So that fairly dormant website is still coming up 5th in Google. Some traffic would improve that.

There has to be some way to improve the traffic at T360 by way of Nanaplaza.com. The forum isn't that obvious on the current NP site for one. The NP description on google (which now says only "Nanaplaza gives you information about Bangkok nightlife.") should mention the forum, so users find out then and there that they can go to a forum by clicking that link. A better tagline would help. (Bangkok's original entertainment forum, or sth like that)

I'm confused, was it when the forum was still nanaplaza.com that it was labeled immoral (hence the rechristening), or after it became T360?

B.] Once stripped down to a mainly text based site I would refocus the forum as a mobile forum using jquery: http://jquerymobile.com/demos/1.1.1/ JqueryMobile is very impressive and most of the theming is already done for you. With a small effort you could make this site work like an app and it would still work well on a conventional screen as well. Make a complete conversion to mobile well ahead of other boards that have squeezed into the market.

In regard to mobile phone access: I tried the IP board App. It doesn't work with Thai360. Other forums use Tapatalk. It is an absolutely great App for to read _and_ post at forums. I don't know, if KS has to change any code for it, but he needs to report the Thai360 to Tapatalk for to activate it on the app.

www.tapatalk.com

Hi,

Yes, the NP.com site can (and should) be used to channel traffic and I'll see if I can find some time to do some updates. Anyone willing to provide me with content? :)

"I'm confused, was it when the forum was still nanaplaza.com that it was labeled immoral (hence the rechristening), or after it became T360?"

It was when the forum was still NP.com. The site/forum was doing $350-$400 in Google Ads at that time, which got dropped to $0 pretty much overnight. Google is very heavy-handed and doesn't provide much in the way of either feedback or recourse.

Sanuk!

Archived