Greatest Team Ever Assembled In Any Sport?

Steve

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/kobe-bryant-team-usa-2012-played-dream-team-163639708--oly.html

Featuring an array of all-time talent unmatched in the history of the game, the Dream Team roundly mopped the floor with their opponents in Barcelona, stampeding to a gold medal by an average margin of victory of 44 points per game. Their unquestioned, unparalleled dominance has led many to refer to that '92 squad, celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, as the greatest team ever assembled in any sport.

Definitely an article written by an American...lol. Some may look at the '70 Brazilian side or the currrent Spain side as the best ever. Some may even say the current Barcelona side is better.

There is also the Milan teams of the early '90 as well as the Real Madrid teams of 50 years ago in the DiStefano days.

In baseball the NY Yankees of the 1930s may have a shout. In American football the '72 Dolphins or the Steelers squads of the '70s may have a shout as well.

What's yours?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/kobe-bryant-team-usa-2012-played-dream-team-163639708--oly.html

Featuring an array of all-time talent unmatched in the history of the game, the Dream Team roundly mopped the floor with their opponents in Barcelona, stampeding to a gold medal by an average margin of victory of 44 points per game. Their unquestioned, unparalleled dominance has led many to refer to that '92 squad, celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, as the greatest team ever assembled in any sport.

Definitely an article written by an American...lol. Some may look at the '70 Brazilian side or the currrent Spain side as the best ever. Some may even say the current Barcelona side is better.

There is also the Milan teams of the early '90 as well as the Real Madrid teams of 50 years ago in the DiStefano days.

In baseball the NY Yankees of the 1930s may have a shout. In American football the '72 Dolphins or the Steelers squads of the '70s may have a shout as well.

What's yours?

it's a difficult question.

national teams do it for me,all of one nation are more special to me.

ok,i'll stick to football and still think the Brazilian world cup team in 1970 were the finest team i have ever seen.

ok,i was only 10 at the time and had just discovered football about 2 years earlier.

but i remember watching them play in the morning here in the UK before i had to go to school.

in the playground when us lads played football during the breaks between classes we all wanted to be a Brazil player.

i was Rivelino........ :monkey:

• 1 month later...

Archived