Pattaya Marathon 15Th July 2012

limbo

Limbo,you are a naughty boy.... :shakehead

your thread is called Pattaya Marathon,but it seems you ran the half-marathon... :nono:

anyway,is it a civilised run?.

i ran the Stockholm marathon one year and while rather flat included 2 big bridges which were hard and the heat was very high.

being a smoker i was gasping for a cigarette and saw a young couple having a picnic by the roadside and one was smoking.

so i stopped and asked if i could have a cigarette and they invited me to sit down and share a glass of wine with them(i had 2 in the end).

that's what i call civilised.... :up:

Almost all half marathons are part of a ......(insert city name) marathon event. Half marathons are as far as I can take it right now.

as i said before congrats for completing the run.

i certainly would'nt want to run such an event knowing what the heat was going to be like.

if it's not what you expect then nothing you can do about it.

but not that many international marathons have a 1/2 marathon on the programme as well,and i'm talking about the big ones-the more famous ones.

i spent a few years working part-time as a tour guide taking people to various events around the world.

many might have a 10k included somewhere on the agenda and i do talk from experience of running marathons on 4 continents.

but as i say good for you for getting a PB in your run.

the 1/2 marathon was always my comfortable distance,less or more could be a problem.

In Thailand most marathons include a half and a 10, most often also student and kid runs. Minimum included is a 10k. Hat Yai for instance only had a 13k run besides the marathon, most others include all other mentioned distances.

In Thailand most marathons include a half and a 10, most often also student and kid runs. Minimum included is a 10k. Hat Yai for instance only had a 13k run besides the marathon, most others include all other mentioned distances.

not belittling thailand at all but less runners and organisation to take care of.

and maybe a place like thailand cannot organise things on a big scale?,how many runners on average take part in the runs in Thailand?.

when you look at marathons in London,New York,Berlin,Paris,Rotterdam,Los Angeles etc can cope with 25,000-30,000 runners but it takes a lot of planning so therefore no other race takes part at the same time.

but as i say your effort and PB is to be commended.

i had to stop running a few years ago because of chest problems(and a really bad experience in an 80 mile run)but i do miss it.

i found it enjoyable because i just ambled along with no pressure apart from trying to beat a previous PB on a particular course.

but i am proud of my PB's of 39mins for a 10k,64 mins for 10 miles and 87mins for a 1/2 marathon.

would love for you to come to my part of the world and take part in 2 of the best runs ever.

so hard and i always walked on much of the run because of the hills but great occasions.

get your arse over here............ :elephant:

Archived