Facebook F*cks With My Privacy

Coss

You are more than likely right, but, and this is a big but, what's to stop them putting a Facebook applet into their accounting/subscription department's intranet? If they'll do it right out in public, what are they doing where I don't see things?

I am sure that facebook's terms and conditions run to: "all your info is mine".

any hoo, here's another breach, by Googly no less, what ever happened to "don't be evil" ?

Google 'faces $22.5m fine over Safari privacy breach'

If you are logged into FB all sites with an FB plugin will show your name (and ask you to add an comment). If you do not want this you'll need to add a bowser extension which blocks FB on other websites.

Point taken.

Though I'd suggest that the Thais are scrummaging for first place in the inevitable stampede to the bottom of the lowest common denominator demographic.

By the way, if you click on an external link within FB, FB is masking your identity, that external sites don't learn that you clicked on the link - at least one thing FB is doing right...

Point taken.

Though I'd suggest that the Thais are scrummaging for first place in the inevitable stampede to the bottom of the lowest common denominator demographic.

Oh, I think they have plenty of competition there. Another 20 years of reality TV and most of Oz will have the IQ of a donut. Soylent Green may well be the future for 90 per cent of our population - at best, we are a passive receptacle for the advertising industry.

It's called 'frictionless sharing' and you can opt out. The fact is as kamui explains if you are logged into facebook, sites that have integrated social sharing and /or facebook connect can recognize who you are, track your web activity, and if your sharing privacy allows for this they can post to your facebook timeline.

Imagine having your surf history posted online for all to see...it's going to happen.

Archived