Farang Women On Asian Dating Sites - Wtf ?

gobbledonk

OK - ignoring the wide net cast by our scammer friends, using photos that are clearly 'shopped images of models, there are Farang women who appear to see sites like TLL and Asia Friend Finder as a good place to find a guy. Buggered if I know why that would be the case.

1. If all they want is sex, surely that isnt too tough for even a mildly attractive woman back in her own country

2. Blonde women wanting an Asian man - er, hello, how bloody hard is that going to be unless she weighs 120kg ....

3. If they are looking for a genuine relationship, is there some antiquated notion that Asian men are more family-oriented than their Farang counterparts ? That would explain why each country in Asia has a massive 'discreet' sex industry dedicated to locals, happily making millions while the Western media focuses on the neon in the obvious nightlife precincts......

The last, and by far the worst, possibility is that some of these women have signed up on the basis that any Farang guys who have joined such a site are CLEARLY desperate for a woman - any woman - and will leap at the chance to spend their nights with someone who speaks their language. Honey, if we need you we know where to find you, but most of us have made a clear choice - best to quite while you are behind. :banghead:

I'm reminded of a militant feminist gal in my Peace Corps days who announced to everyone she'd come to Asia because American men were chauvinist pigs. I nearly burst out laughing when I heard that. Was she really that thick? She threw herself at one of the young Thai language instructors, who used to grin and show us the condoms he just bought to use on her each night.

The Thai was from Phuket, so that's where the PC gal managed to get herself assigned. When she got to Phuket, she discovered the PC vol who was already at the teachers college was the one her "true love" had been shagging in training the previous year. :)

I have trouble believing that, Flasher - a Thai man who knew what a condom was ?? Based on some of the threads over at my Patts forum, I'm beginning to wonder if some Farang know what a condom is. As for the dirtbags who openly admit to having gone bareback anal - I'm guessing they dont put that in their online dating profiles. :angryfire:

This was in the 1970s, when everyone rode bareback. I presume the Farang gal insisted on it, since birth control pills were hard to come by in LOS back then.

All you worried about in the '70s was the clap, since anything else was extremely rare here. Then something called "nonspecific urethritis" began turning up, followed shortly thereafter by genital herpes. At least herpes got most guys to cover up ... before Aids hit the scene! :p

• 2 weeks later...

Also, I'd be delighted to meet farang women in Bangkok more than I do now; or anywhere else for that matter. I'd be happy to take her on a date. Your prejudice is your very own - and that's what I'm concerned about. You write as if we all lay side by side in that respect - and if I'm wrong, then I hope I'll be banned from the board. I remember when forums were about discussion. Not just trite prejudices. Trot out a prejudice - then everyone says amen. This board has stagnated because of stereotypes such as yours.

Why can't you be more positive?

You might be surprised that there are some very beautiful farang women in Thailand that feel lonely.

"You might be surprised that there are some very beautiful farang women in Thailand that feel lonely. "

I wouldn't be surprised, but I would be surprised if they were exceedingly nice to men as well...

Archived