Obsessed With Pills

khunsanuk

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was always told that in UK people got to the Dr they need to get pills or they don't feel happy but in the US they need to get a shot to make them feel they got value. Not sure if that still holds today.

I remember being a bit under with a nasty bug here a few years ago but needed to travel for work in a day or two. Dr prescribed an antibiotic, one injection, it took 15 minutes to get it all in! Did the trick though she said not something to consider with every minor bug.

Actually in the US now, the pendulum has swung the opposite way. For example - pain management. Physicians are hesitant to issue prescriptions out of fear of malpractice suits (eg, patient later claims addiction, sues, and wins). Have seen several instances where patients had to plead their case to get adequate medication, and it's sad because we do have the technology to ease suffering. But because some take advantage of this, it hurts those that legitimately need it.

Things like beta blockers and asthma medicine (eg albuterol) have done miraculous things for people. I should know - because otherwise asthma would prevent me from staying in LoS longer than very short stints and I'm about to come out for a long one. Modern medicine makes that possible. I agree with Corinthian's point. Sure, there are always people out to maximize profits who don't give a shit, but if you've ever been to places like City of Hope in Southern California and witnessed the magnitude and resources dedicated to researching and fighting cancer, it might alleviate your cynicism a little.

Note - last time I was in Bangkok, had a nasty case of Diahrrea (surprise!), the woman I was spending time with went to her physician and came back with a bag of different pills for me. Haha. She didn't have a clue as to what they were --> just that they would make me better. Those didn't get taken. Opted for immodium instead. I do think - from very little exposure - that Thais have a fascination with pills and are missing a little healthy skepticism. Give it time. And just my .02

My current asthma medication schedule is directly due to coming to Bangkok. A couple of years ago, I had a problem, and it was acute enough that I went to Bumrungrad ER. (They do a pretty good job, and they were close by.) I'll skip the details, but the doctor suggested switching my asthma meds to a drug that was available in Thailand, from two that were not. (This is not unreasonable.)

I tried it. It worked. I talked it over with my lung doc back home, and he agreed to continue the trial. It continued to work. Since JUST switching from two drugs down to one is a win for the patient, we made the switch permanent.

Cured?

WRONG!

Prevented, at best. BIG difference!

No, it is not. If we make it impossible for you to get it, you are cured. That we do it so well that now you dont even notice it is a testament to it's success. And for most things, if you do catch it and we make you better, you are cured. You yourself have talked to me about taking antibiotics for colds, ect. Those cure you. That you like to deny this is a little shocking

Hi,

"It's not the doctors often, it's the money making machine that adds this shyte on! "

Could well be. I too have had similar experiences, been given antibotics for a cold :(

Sanuk!

Hummm...

Did they listen to your chest or do blood work? For a cold or flue, anti's will not do much. But if you have an upper respiratory infection (which can follow a flue) then anti's are your best bet.

I thought prevention was the best cure?

Re asthma : I get it at times, especially during hayfever season down here but have found I never get it when in LOS or Europe. My doc says it's because the pollens etc are different down here. Big cities (London, BKK, etc) just doesn't have it. When in LOS or Europe, I simply stop taking my medication. Got to be happy about that.

Use Big Pharma at your own risk...

Foreign DNA, Other Substances from Vaccinations Found in Sick, Disabled and Dying Children

http://www.weeklyblitz.net/2530/fragments-of-foreign-dna-and-other-substances

This week an important paper by Leslie Carol Botha hit the Internet by storm. This revolutionary paper titled Unveiling the Culprit – Is Foreign DNA Contamination the Autistic Villain behind Biologic Vaccine Injuries, is one of the first papers to discuss various foreign DNA fragments being discovered in sick, disabled and dying children after they have received various childhood vaccinations.

Over the past six years, Ms Botha has been heavily involved and dedicated to using her print and broadcast experience to share information with the public about the potential dangers of the HPV vaccines. She is a member of TruthAboutGardasil and is one of six women who, in March 2010, presented research and data to the FDA on the alarming statistics of Gardasil and Cervarix deaths, injuries and harm in comparison to other vaccines. She was also a founding member and the former Vice President of Public Relations for S.A.N.E. Vax, Inc organization dedicated to educating the public about the safety and efficacy of vaccinations. In March of 2010, Botha was an invited speaker at the British Society for Ecological Medicine Conference in London where she presented science-based information and research on the dangers of the HPV vaccines, Gardasil and Cervarix. Ms Botha is currently the Women’s Health Freedom Coalition Coordinator for the Natural Solutions Foundation.

Archived