Pattaya Hotels

allatsea2000

Hi guys looking for you opinions on the best places to stay in pattaya close to the action but not to close, have stayed from high end to low end lol, but just looking to stay in a decent place thats comfortable for a long term stay nor wanting to watch my pennies but dont want to waste them on something i really dont need if that makes sense.

How long is your ...long term stay??

Would recommend looking at renting a condo, rather than an Hotel.

12 -15k rents a nice place....add 3 or 4 for power, water & I/net and its not much more than a 500Bt/day Guest House

Chalk & Cheese

Chrs DS

Patts has so much accommodation, at every conceivable price point, that its scary. Throw in low season and you, my friend, are laughing. '

I have, however, seen a better deal. Sure, its a thousand km north of Walking St, but when was the last time anyone rented a townhouse for 60k baht. A year. Gotta be a typo - Nong Khai might not be upper Suk, but 5000 baht a month for something with an upstairs AND a downstairs ? WTF ?

My link

You DID mention in another thread that you wanted to see Laos .....

I have stayed at Central Place Apartment just off soi 16 Pttya Glahng.Average size rooms no balcony or view but only 5-7 k bt/month.There are several similar places in the area. :twocents: Convenient for the fruit and veg.market ( also wide range of food available at night )and Tops supermarket on the corner.

thanks for the replies guys, and oh no i dont want a river view thanks lol. Condo doah never even thought about that great suggestion, as for budget i dont have one really, i just know ill be there for at least a year, 48 going on 49, if i go soon, and stay for just a tick over a year then i hit the magic 50 and can apply for the retirement visa, so in short at least a year, sprinkled with short trips here and there, maybe incorporating them with the visa runs ill have to do i suppose.

thanks for the replies guys, and oh no i dont want a river view thanks lol. Condo doah never even thought about that great suggestion, as for budget i dont have one really, i just know ill be there for at least a year, 48 going on 49, if i go soon, and stay for just a tick over a year then i hit the magic 50 and can apply for the retirement visa, so in short at least a year, sprinkled with short trips here and there, maybe incorporating them with the visa runs ill have to do i suppose.

If it is a year then why not get an apartment? Since money is no object get a place, even a serviced apartment, where you can do some cooking. Why eat out all the time when you can fry a steak when you want or something more elaborate.

If you do not have a budget in mind then spend the same amount you spend at home. That way your income/expense will be more neutral. I prefer the area roughly between Central Pattaya Road and maybe Soi Diana/Soi Lengkee. Perhaps Soi Buakhow to Third Road. Close enough to cheap transportation, or walk to malls, restaurants, nightlife, etc. Choose a place that is not anywhere near a karaoke place. You get a lot of young Thai males in those places and they are open late with loud music.

Perhaps for a short while you could use one of the LK places, like LK Mansion, or R-Con Residence off Soi Buakhaow. When you are living in Pattaya for a while you usually buy at least a microwave, maybe an electric oven if the apartment has no stove. If you have a girlfriend with you you will need a rice cooker and you should have a hot water boiler/coffee pot.

http://www.thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map_pattaya.html

• 2 weeks later...

Archived