Pattaya Hotels

allatsea2000

I have just booked a Deluxe One Bedroom Suite at Nova Park for 19,000++ / Month. I stayed there previously for 3 years and have no problems using the place again especially since the rooms have recently all been renovated and the place is like new again.

Handy to Soi 6 :grinyes:

http://www.novaparkpattaya.com/map.php

I'd like something closer to the Carrefour (I think its a Big C Extra now) centre in the top right-hand corner of that map. Bit of a hike back to the usual haunts, but that could be a plus during the week.

Patts is packed with condos and rooms for rent but some places are don`t accept farangs (unless a TG makes the initial inquiry on their behalf) - something to do with the property owners being liable to a fine if Farang overstayers are found there :chinaman:

Patts is packed with condos and rooms for rent but some places are don`t accept farangs (unless a TG makes the initial inquiry on their behalf) - something to do with the property owners being liable to a fine if Farang overstayers are found there :chinaman:

I dont anticipate any problems with a TG making the initial enquiry - hell, she can wander up and down Central Road with a megaphone if it helps me get what I want. Unlike Stickman and one or two of the more conflicted BMs on this very board, I have no problem being seen in public with a Thai sex worker, gold shops, Apple stores and marriage registries notwithstanding. As long as only one of us has a suitcase and coathangers, I see no downside. :patty:

Supermarkets are not an issue for me since I am only here 4 nights / week and back in Bangers for the weekend, there is a Family Mart and a 7-11 just outside the Nova Park complex for all the basics I need.

Jamesons pub opens for breakfast at 7AM so a good fry up and a couple of cups of coffee before heading to work, a sandwich for lunch then anywhere for my evening meal, I have the car so getting around is not an issue at all for me. Most nights I tend to spend a couple of hours in Jamesons, it is an expat haunt and has the feel of a "Local Pub" back in the UK to it and every night I am back in the apartment before 10 PM. Getting a position on an expat package in Thailand is difficult enough, holding onto it even more so.

Bit of a dull life all in all but one has to be quite strict about it, set yourself a schedule and stick to. We have all heard the stories of people burning out and coming a cropper over here, believe me I have seen many top professionals on a decent expat package blow it due to their inability to avoid the bright lights.

Bit of a dull life all in all but one has to be quite strict about it, set yourself a schedule and stick to. We have all heard the stories of people burning out and coming a cropper over here, believe me I have seen many top professionals on a decent expat package blow it due to their inability to avoid the bright lights.

Not sure why any company would send single men to Thailand, but I guess that assumes that married men aren't subject to the same temptations and we all know that's a 1950s fantasy. Its weird how the Japanese and Koreans keep so many balls in the air (so to speak ..) - work hard, party hard and sleep can wait.

Its weird how the Japanese and Koreans keep so many balls in the air (so to speak ..) - work hard, party hard and sleep can wait.

I guess you have never heard of Karôshi - death from overwork. I think Japan is the only country which awards damages to the relatives for Karôshi. In most countries this term doesn't even exist.

Its not restricted to Japan, but it does seem to be a male-dominated phenomenon. Having worked in offices almost entirely composed of testosterone-driven males with something to prove, I can see how this would take its toll in societies where your relationship with work colleagues and clients, often forged over long nights out, is considered pivotal to your success. All-nighters are a badge of honor at 23 - not so exciting 20-30 years on.

My link

The Japanese call it karoshi, in Korea it is known as gwarosa and the Chinese call it guolaosi. In English, they all translate to "death from overwork". What began as a post-war phenomenon in Japan now claims tens of thousands of lives worldwide each year, including in Australia. Karoshi victims are usually overworked, overstressed and have a less than enviable work-life balance. After years of all work and no play, they suffer a sudden, fatal heart attack or stroke – often at work.

My link

Working hard is ingrained in Taiwanese society. But recent deaths attributed to overwork are leading people to question the culture for the first time.

The deaths of nearly 50 workers last year were blamed on working more overtime than allowed by law. This figure was as much as four times higher than the previous year, according to the Council of Labor Affairs (CLA).

Archived