Suv In Thailand

Horneytorney

I don't know if you can get the BYD S6 in LOS, but it's one I'm considering buying here in Laos ~ $20K.

It's a blatant rip off of the Lexus 350RX , but the reason for that is, that Toyota sold them the machinery when the previous 350RX model was discontinued (so I read).

5 star safety rating, a little underpowered, but in Laos that's not an issue, roads here are so bad you want to go slow. And the 2.4 can come with a Mitsubishi engine which is good enough for me...

http://www.byd-auto....room.php?car=s6

S6-sh-auto-show-300x225.jpg

Hi,

SUV = ugly box, gas guzzling hog, on a pickup frame. Will never understand, unless you're a soccer mom carting a half dozen kids around.

My thoughts exactly.

I can see people feeling safer in such a car, but I can also see the result of this in oftentimes much more aggresive driving.

Sanuk!

Hi,

My thoughts exactly.

I can see people feeling safer in such a car, but I can also see the result of this in oftentimes much more aggresive driving.

Sanuk!

Call me a soccerdad, but for my kids they have a lot more comfort and safety compared to an average car, plus, for my work I need the space in the back so I can load up all that's necessary for life on the road!

Hi,

My thoughts exactly.

Sanuk!

KS,

I can understand your POV from one perspective, if I was to do all my driving within Metro BKK I would not bother with an SUV but I do a lot of Inter-Province journeys and will be racking up approx 1500KM / week on highways and as such feel a lot safer in an SUV and I don't drive aggressive.

As Limbo pointed out there is also the comfort factor and the space to load up with what is needed for work or a weekend away.