Six Months Without A Drink - New Record ?

gobbledonk

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm mostly a beer drinker, G&T's here and there on occasion. Just wondering if any of the quitters on the board can attribute weight loss to abstention, and to what degree?

The opposite, I have put weight on, not that I could afford to loose any <_<

I was a "Functioning Alcoholic" who used to forego meals for days on end and just get by on beer and spirits, now I have stopped drinking I am on 3 meals / day plus snacks.

I'm mostly a beer drinker, G&T's here and there on occasion. Just wondering if any of the quitters on the board can attribute weight loss to abstention, and to what degree?

If I go for any length of time not drinking, (1~2 weeks) I lose 5 or so Kilos.

If I decided to stop altogether I'd likely lose 10.

As it is I've lost 7 Kg since I came to Laos, less fat in the food you know....

Since I quit the fags (smoking, not young boys!) I've put on about 10kG. The first 5kG probably did me good but the next 5kG I'd really prefer not to cart around. The problem is that I haven't really changed any other aspect of my behaviour, which is the difficult bit. I live on Thai food pretty much 100%, so not much to improve there in fat reduction I guess.

Exercise is likely a key element I need to improve. Doc suggest no running or jogging because of a degenerative vertebrae problem,and absolutely no golf or twisting type actions. Swimming is good but I'm the proverbial lead boot, possibly rowing and a few similar activity styles might work.

Towards the twilight of his career Elvis Presley was embarrassed by the weight he'd put on, but didn't have time to employ an exercise routine. He was however able to compensate by exercising vicariously, watching videos of women doing aerobics. Seems reasonable. :) (btw, that wasn't made up bs).

On a serious note - walking. Get some good headphones and get to know the city/country around you. It's a beautiful thing.

Archived