Anyone In La? Did Thaksin Report Get Any Coverage

Gadfly

OK, unless I am missing something, I am seeing links to Thai political sites about Thaksin or his visit to LA, but nothing from any main stream news source in LA? Indeed, nothing from any news source in LA itself. And nothing from a US news source. Is this right?

I also asked several friends in LA about this, and not one of them had heard about it. One of them saw my linked, did some Google searches and linked me back to the Thai language "The Manager". She was clearly trying to be helpful, but this is not a US source.

It sounds as though this really was a non-event in LA and the Thai press, for whatever reason, played it up as a major event in the US for its domestic audience in Thailand.

OK, I guess the next question is why the Thai press does this?

I'm sorry but with the drought, Syria, Afghanistan, Iran, the economy, the election.... I could care less about Thakisin going out to eat in LA. And unlike 90% of the USA.... I know who he is! Why in the world would you think the major US news agencies would care?

I'm sorry but with the drought, Syria, Afghanistan, Iran, the economy, the election.... I could care less about Thakisin going out to eat in LA. And unlike 90% of the USA.... I know who he is! Why in the world would you think the major US news agencies would care?

My mistake. I thought the US media and public probably did not care about and were totally oblivious to this circus, but the Thai press made so much noise about what is now obviously a non-event in LA, I wanted to check to see if it actually did receive any coverage in the US. Reading the Thai press you would have thought it did.

Interesting that it was screaming bold font front page news here, but didn't warrant even a paragraph note in the US press. In my admittedly unscientific polling of Thais (mainly those I work with), they thought it was seen as a big deal in the US. Of course, they are relying on the Thai press for their information. Lesson learned.

Archived