Sukhumvit 21 ?

gobbledonk

OK, I think of 'Soi 23' as the road that runs at the back of Cowboy, and Soi 19 is on the OTHER side of Soi 'Ratcha-alphabet', the monster road that forms part of the worst intersection in BKK, but where the hell is this ?

Everest World Co., Ltd

18/8 Fico Place, 11th Floor, Sukhumvit 21 Road

Wattana

BKK

I plug 'Everest World Bamgkok' into Google maps and get a different address - and it does, indeed, appear to be a large shopping centre that backs onto Cowboy.

30 Sukhumvit 21 (asoke) Rd

Vadhana, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand

02-2042255

Doh - it just hit me - that was a massive construction site for as long as I can recall - all boarded up - and I ignored it as I made my way between Soi 22 and Cowboy. Between the Holiday Inn, the Wa Square redevelopment, and the arrival of this 'Everest World' monstrosity, I'm just not going to recognise 'the village'. Thank God I still have Nok to keep me centered when I am in the Big Mango. :evilpumpkin:

There was a fire at the FICO Place building about six months go, and that building is completely closed now. It is located at Google Maps coordinates 13.739411,100.561905

All businesses in that building were forced to relocate.

Cheers,

SS

By the time Gobbie arrives it will all have been rebuilt and all the businesses will have moved back in.

Cant believe there was a fire in such a spanking new building - if its the building I'm seeing on Google Maps. Fun job driving the Google car around BKK capturing all those images - must be some interesting sights on Lower Suk at any hour of the day.

When Gooble arrives he will find a skyskraper instead of Soi Cowboy... tongue.gif

Archived