Entry With Criminal Record

After some light searching, I found nothing. I come here to the wisdom of the board.

I had the great misfortune of being arrested last November for driving my vehicle under the influence of Miller Lite, shots of Whiskey and other fine spirits.

I know Canada, in particular, has very strict entry requirements for someone convicted of this crime and other countries, understandably, have issues with other crimes on your record. I am asking if anyone here knows or has first-hand knowledge of someone who has this type of mark on their record and what was the result when arriving at the immigration desk in Thailand.

Thank you for your reply but I am asking if there is a problem because as I said, a so-called first world country generally denies Americans entry into their country because of this conviction in their home country.

Thinking about traveling to Canada? You'd better reconsider if you have been convicted of DWI or DUI (Driving While Impaired or Driving Under the Influence) within the last ten years. Any type of impaired driving offence is considered the equivalent to the Canadian Criminal Code offence of impaired driving. This includes misdemeanor convictions. Canadian law considers impaired driving to be a serious offence.

My link

So I am again asking, if anyone has first-hand information as to this inquiry, I would be all ears.

How would the Thais even know about such a thing? There is nothing in your passport to some you have anything negative against you. :dunno:

I've been trying to remember if I know anyone with such an offense on their record. If I do, they aren't admitting it.

Surely, somebody on the board must have been busted. It is so easy to slip up and do.

I am not sure how the immigration process works on the other side of the counter but I know working for an airline for as long as I did, I worked with plenty of Japanese passengers in Hawaii that were denied entry for various criminal events in their history that didn't allow them entry into the U.S. Apparently, immigration officials have access to this info.

• 2 weeks later...

The form for Oz asks you whether you have ever been convicted of a criminal offence - cant for the life of me remember if the Thai form asks anything along those lines. One would assume that modern computerised Immigration systems make 'watch lists' a lot easier to compile, but given the calibre of Farang in places like Patts, I have to question whether Thai Immigration is using such systems appropriately.

Archived