Bkk St/lt And Barfines Soon Up?

kamui

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If its just the higher barfine I guess many people would moan, but in the end won't care.

But now add higher barfines, BGs asking more and increasing beer prices, paired with a strong THB (and a weak EUR or USD) and suddenly a visit to LOS becomes less pleasant for those with a limited budget.

yes and no....

its not about banging a whore, its the whole GF experience, thát you dont find in Europe or the US with rentals......

YMMV of course.

BB

with enough mileage

Nana has undoubtedly gone downhill - if that's even possible - on what it was 4 years ago, but I still prefer to spend my money buying drinks for one or two freelancers than set foot in even a single go-go. No GFE and no pretence that its anything other than pay-for-play, but neither is it as cutthroat as it would be on the streets of a Farang city. Until that disappears, I wont be paying 1000 baht barfines for a girl who could quite easily morph into a starfish with one eye on her watch - nothing worse.

yes and no....

its not about banging a whore, its the whole GF experience, thát you dont find in Europe or the US with rentals......

YMMV of course.

BB

with enough mileage

I know what it is for you and me...

Nana has undoubtedly gone downhill - if that's even possible - on what it was 4 years ago, but I still prefer to spend my money buying drinks for one or two freelancers than set foot in even a single go-go. No GFE and no pretence that its anything other than pay-for-play, but neither is it as cutthroat as it would be on the streets of a Farang city. Until that disappears, I wont be paying 1000 baht barfines for a girl who could quite easily morph into a starfish with one eye on her watch - nothing worse.

...but Gobble for example has slightly different priorities.

Anyway, increasing prices _might_ lower the demand by Farang punters on the long run. But for the time being I don't see a real alternative to LOS in Asia. Cambo was on the way becoming an P4P alternative, but the Khmer government stopped this development. Maybe the Philippines? But I haven't been there.

I still prefer to spend my money buying drinks for one or two freelancers than set foot in even a single go-go. No GFE and no pretence that its anything other than pay-for-play.

i still prefer the GFE.

if i find a lady i like and am comfortable with her staying with me then she's mine for my entire trip.

easy to negotiate a fixed daily fee and if any arguments then 'bye-bye'.

my trip in May cost me 900bt in BF's over a 14 day period with 2 ladies and i was paying an average of 1200bt a day for their company during the trip.

any lady i chatted to who asked for 4000bt for a night was just treated with a laugh from me and me walking away.

• 2 weeks later...

i still prefer the GFE.

if i find a lady i like and am comfortable with her staying with me then she's mine for my entire trip.

easy to negotiate a fixed daily fee and if any arguments then 'bye-bye'.

my trip in May cost me 900bt in BF's over a 14 day period with 2 ladies and i was paying an average of 1200bt a day for their company during the trip.

any lady i chatted to who asked for 4000bt for a night was just treated with a laugh from me and me walking away.

I notice more BGs setting a high price before a BF is paid. In several NEP bars, some of the BGs won't budge from 2,500 Baht for short time. It's like there is a union in place. They were all attractive. The two times I exercised poor judgement and went for it (the girls were stunners), both were complete star fishes. Not sure why I fell for this the second time (probably too much beer), but I won't fall for it a third time.

I notice more BGs setting a high price before a BF is paid. In several NEP bars, some of the BGs won't budge from 2,500 Baht for short time. It's like there is a union in place. They were all attractive. The two times I exercised poor judgement and went for it (the girls were stunners), both were complete star fishes. Not sure why I fell for this the second time (probably too much beer), but I won't fall for it a third time.

the problem is beer goggles.

at prime-time of night prices will be higher and the ladies know it and know the drunk tourist will pay it.

much of the time i did'nt go out until after midnight and by the time the bars were closing that was when the ladies were desperate for a few bt.

There was an interesting piece re: Nana on the Drummond website, though it left me mostly confused :unsure::dunno:

Too bad, I kinda like Nana. Don't want to go there too often, but it's good to know it's out there, lurking, when you need to people watch and indulge with the lasses.

link

"The President of the Bangkok Chapter of the Outlaws motor cycle club has taken over a large slice of Nana Entertainment Plaza in Bangkok – Bangkok’s primary sex entertainment area catering to foreigners.

Now, as if marking his turf, many of the bars have stickers outside denoting they are the property of the Outlaws.

While of course I knew and have already reported that an American ‘businessman’ from Georgia has taken over many of the bars, including those of the former Crown Group, the Outlaws sticker bit comes from a forum here called Pattayatalk.com. So thank you chaps. I’m not there often enough to catch this stuff first hand. It happened after our southern state friend took over Presidency. In the Outlaws you can do that by force, but I am told he elected, er, himself. It would be awfully naff if the Outlaws were democratic. The Nana is undergoing a revamp since a new consortium took over management of it a few months ago. With the European economy in the doldrums most of the clientele comes not from Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong and China and Australia.

Sign outside the Angelwitch. I had a little giggle at the ‘No drugs allowed – enforced by owner’.

The new consortium known as Nana Partners is a partnership between the FICO Corporation, through its subsidiary FINA, and ‘foreign businessman’, the Outlaws’ in-laws so to speak, trading under the named Advanced Settlement Capital Company Ltd.

Fire

The FICO Corporation of the Thai-Indian Srichawala family owns 3 Novotels in Bangkok, Hotel Muse, Le Fenix, Sukhumvit, the Mercure Samui, Fenix, and the Grand Millennium and Holiday Inn, Sukhumvit. It is also a massive conglomerate and manufacturer dealing in textiles, machinery and computer software. The corporation’s headquarters in Asoke, Bangkok, was the scene of a major fire earlier this year.

Crossed Pistons – Rajah Hotel car park

FICO execs have kept a low profile about Nana admitting only earlier this year that they were involved in a management deal of it with Eclipse, the bar, restaurant, and management group run by Ulsterman Micky Doherty, before clamping down on all comments about the deal. Eclipse are of course the bosses of many themed bars in Bangkok including Molly Malone’s, Soi 8 Bar, The Australian, Coyote, Sukhumvit, and Irish bars in Phuket, Hong Kong and Singapore.

A less than celubrious place in Soi 7/1

More interestingly recently they have been linked to ‘’Q Bar’ as management contractor and partnerships in such places as the Baccarat bars in Soi Cowboy and Pattaya where the entertainers are underwear challenged, not to mention a less than salubrious entertainment venue in Sukhumvit Soi 7/1. People connected with Eclipse were finally buying into places that actually made money while only one or two Irish styled theme bars in the city were turning a comfortable profit. However Eclipse as such no longer gets a mention in the Nana contract. Now Fina and Advanced Settlement Capital Co. Ltd. Nana Partners have some pretty hard work to do.

Swan Lake

( I had another titter when the boss of the new management team announced that the Nana was going upmarket’. That sort of conjures up images of punters sipping Chateau Lafitte while throwing 100 baht ping pong balls on stage to ‘dancers’ doing Swan Lake? But all it probably means is there is new signage and the drinks are more expensive)

They have borrowed almost as much money as the company is capitalised to – something like US$25 million. They have to pay that cash back within a time frame, which means the price of sex tourism will go up exponentially. As a result sub-leases at Nana have gone up four fold...."

There was an interesting piece re: Nana on the Drummond website, though it left me mostly confused :unsure::dunno:

Too bad, I kinda like Nana. Don't want to go there too often, but it's good to know it's out there, lurking, when you need to people watch and indulge with the lasses.

link

Thanks for the info. It seems that Stickman is correct about increasing barfines.

Archived