Idiot Congressman Says 'legitimate Rape' Rarely Causes Pregnancy

TheCorinthian

Is this guy an idiot?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is this guy an idiot?

• Yes
    • Yes

I don't know why Demorats don't call out the social conservatives and just say what the abortion issue really is. At its core with out all the bullshit its a religious issue for the right. Nothing more. Don't get me wrong. I'm a born again Christian. A very flawed one, but I'm a Christian. I actually believe what the fundamental right thinks of life. That it happens at conception. Its what I interpret from the bible. I also think that abortion is wrong in a Christian sense. Even murder if I were cornered into defining it from a biblical perspective.

However, its not my right to force that thinking on someone else. Scientifically and medically, I don't have a leg to stand on. I know that. The fundamentalists know that. I know my personal beliefs seem silly if not down right crazy. I can imagine your view of it as I view scientology, downright wacky and can't believe seemingly normal, intelligent folks are believing that garbage. I get that. I understand that. I will continue to believe what I believe and won't force my view on anyone. My 'fellow' believers on the right don't feel that way.

When it comes to religion there really is no compromise which is precisely the reason it should stay out of any political debate or ideological issue. Abortion is a religous issue, nothing else and those that are pro choice should call those that want to end or limit it, on it.

Were I Obama I would state it as such. State it as a religious issue that has no place in a political debate. That they are essentially oppposed to funding a medical procedure based on religous reasons. Religious reasons he believes as a Christian but has to accept that he can't force that belief on others.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived