Friday, The Day After, The Day After Tomorrow...

Coss

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Mostly ex-ASFO guys, think only one of them has ever been a member of this board. Long time friends of mine.

Sanuk!

No Worries decent chaps as always.

You could have warned me I was sat next to Flashermac for 2 hours before we both realised who we were, well I know who I am but you know what I mean.

Hi,

You could have warned me I was sat next to Flashermac for 2 hours before we both realised who we were, well I know who I am but you know what I mean.

Sorry about, I just figured with both of you having been to quite a bunch of meetings that you already knew each other.

Sanuk!

classic

Was great to catch up with everyone again...it's been a while

Det 5 is a pleasant venue, very suited to accommodate a laid back chatfest

The "balloon chaser" food at 7.30pm was quite good....limited in choice but more than sufficient in terms of quality & quantity

I am a fan of Soi 8, over the past few years it has developed into a good place to be.

Cheers DS

Hi,

"Det 5 is a pleasant venue, very suited to accommodate a laid back chatfest"

I agree. Never been there before, but it was quite pleasant. Reasonable selection of food as well, at good prices. Interesting to see that just before the free food started the place all of a sudden started to get packed :)

Sanuk!

Took me a while to find, further down the soi than I'd expected. Also, I had the name wrong and thought I was looking for Det Cord. :p

The original name does have connections to Vietnam.

If memory serves me right it is down to an Operational Detachment of US Army who where looking for MIA in Nam, Joint Task Force - Full Accounting, the original bar in Soi Zero was the unofficial HQ of the Fifth Detachment of JFT-NA hence the reason it was christened DET 5.

KS is correct, 7.30PM all the balloon chasers came out of the woodwork, surprised we did not see Cavanami, You out of Town?

Archived