Vaccination Against Troppo Diseases

gobbledonk

That has been the concern with vaccination for decades - there are nutjobs here in Oz who are actively campaigning to stop people having their kids vaccinated against Polio and other nasties. Its weird how some of the girls have large round 'targets' on their arms from childhood vaccinations - never noticed that on a male anywhere.

It's odd that this is a testament to the effectiveness of the system.

The only reason why people dont think they need vaccinations is because EVERYONE had them for years. So the horrors that your parents and grandparents lived though are out of memory.

I forget who it was from this very board I met at the weekly meeting that actually believed vaccinations were poppy cock. I offered to bring him to my lab at the time were I know we can remove some protections he got as a kid... he declined. When I told him I was going to sneak up on him one day and give him the dose that negated small pox immunity... he got pretty mad.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Its weird how some of the girls have large round 'targets' on their arms from childhood vaccinations - never noticed that on a male anywhere."

I have the large scar.

It's smallpox.

I have two of them, the second time it's not so noticeable.

Thai's are susceptible to Keloid scaring http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keloid - which makes even a smallpox vaccination look far worse than mine. My smallpox and my wife's.

OH NO I've put a photo of my wife and myself!

Note Aussies did the smallpox on the inside of the left forearm.In Africa and Asia they do it on the upper right shoulder.

post-19649-0-16271400-1346647017.jpg

post-19649-0-52251900-1346647035.jpg

It's odd that this is a testament to the effectiveness of the system.

The only reason why people dont think they need vaccinations is because EVERYONE had them for years. So the horrors that your parents and grandparents lived though are out of memory.

I forget who it was from this very board I met at the weekly meeting that actually believed vaccinations were poppy cock. I offered to bring him to my lab at the time were I know we can remove some protections he got as a kid... he declined. When I told him I was going to sneak up on him one day and give him the dose that negated small pox immunity... he got pretty mad.

Yep, in Germany especially some young mothers seem to be scared of vaccinations. Some horror stories are making the rounds on the net and are being easily picked up. As a result he numbers of kids with measles has doubled in 2011...

Yep, in Germany especially some young mothers seem to be scared of vaccinations. Some horror stories are making the rounds on the net and are being easily picked up. As a result he numbers of kids with measles has doubled in 2011...

which begs the question = young German mothers or young immigrant mothers ?

similar numbers here, but measles are with the immigrant populations.

sad because its due to ignorance....

which begs the question = young German mothers or young immigrant mothers ?

similar numbers here, but measles are with the immigrant populations.

sad because its due to ignorance....

It think in Germany it's the white middle class, doing YOGA and preferring organic food while of course owning of course two cars... happy.gif

Archived