Want To Open A Thai Bank Account. How?

That's fantastic, given that the rest of us pay 150 baht per transaction to use an ATM in Thailand. Not to mention the gouging our Farang banks take on each of those transactions - I assume that you dont pay fees on ATM transactions at your own (Thai) banks ATMs, of course.

I don't pay fees at ANY of the ATMs here in Pattaya - SCM, KTB, BoA all seem to be free to me. Last time I was in Bangkok, I used a TMB ATM and, again, there was no fee. Seems they are gouging the tourists to pay for free banking for the locals.

One other thing, if you have any income (pension, rental income, dividends etc.) you can use that to offset the amount of 800k baht in the bank account. For instance if you have an income of 20,000 baht a month you only need 560k in the bank (800k - (20k * 12)), and the other advantage to that is you don't need to have the required funds in your bank for 90 days. It can go in the day before you renew. This works for ANY amount of regular income (even 1,000 baht a month, I would guess). I have used this method for several years - never a problem.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived