Having A Thai Gf

belfastish

i've said this before.

i used to get all the stupid remarks about me visiting Thailand and just spending ££££'s on getting laid.

try telling people it's not always like that and they just don't believe you.

but a friend of mine (35 Years or so) started work with me and he was a Thailand visitor and soon told people what i had been saying was pretty well true and they soon shut up.

Its not too bad for me im 32yrs old but yeah i see some farang - thai matches and age difference but if it makes them happy go for it,its probably worse for older guys than me,especially as some people have an ex-wife,farang son or daughter and im sure they think negative and worry about them getting taken for a ride!!nice pun :hubbahubba:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well here's a funny thing I guess.

When I first went over it was to party.

Then after several years of going back and forth I met my wife.

But people would ask why Thailand.

Too party I would state..Kinda threw them off when I answered as I allways had a big smile on my face.

Now when we go back it's just being lazy around the house taking a break from the strees of work and things.

Not much have we had issues with the smart arse comments.

One guy I used to work with asked me if my wife was a mail order bride. No I replied in a nice tone..

He thought I never had been there and met her online through a bride site.

His wife and us have had several dinners together and we allways keep in touch.

You are going to change your life to appease a bunch of coworkers that aren't your friends? How does that make any sense?

Stop talking about your personal life with these blokes. Just talk soccer.gif with them.

Im not suddenly changing my life over it,im still planning to go to thailand as normal,now i dont tell them what im doing on my week off,but should i need to lead a secret life,i feel you should be able to say where you go or proud to say you have a wife from thailand but i am a shy person and i cant help feelings that annoy me,im just not sure i would marry a thai girl but im sure ill have another gf

I guess it's up to you if you care about blending in in your environment. If you want to totally blend in take an average looking white women. No one will care at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilbara

The Pilbara is a large, dry, thinly populated region in the north of Western Australia known for its Aboriginal peoples, its stunning landscapes, the red earth and its vast mineral deposits, in particular iron ore.

The region has an estimated population of 48,610 as of June 2010. The Pilbara covers an area of 502,000 km²,[5] which includes some of Earth's oldest rock formations. It includes landscapes of coastal plains and mountain ranges with cliffs and gorges. The major settlements of the region are Port Hedland, Karratha and Newman.

Perhaps I'm less sensitive then you - but I imagine it's all in your head. If you came to Australia from Ireland - then you should understand that you are going to get a fairly good natured ribbing - Jesus I grew up in Australia and all we told were Irish jokes most of the time. And if it stops being good natured then you make a complaint - the nanny state will love you.

So what - someone sees you with some smoking hot Thai girl - most people in Brisbane ask me on the quiet if she's got any friends or sisters they could meet. It's all in your head mate. Be proud and stand up for yourself. If someone dares to say anything bad that you think is discriminatory then you stand them down. What - are you a girl's blouse? And I know you're not, but I just can't resist saying that you sound like just another whinging pom! Grow up - screw your head on, and be a man for a change.

Perhaps I'm less sensitive then you - but I imagine it's all in your head. If you came to Australia from Ireland - then you should understand that you are going to get a fairly good natured ribbing - Jesus I grew up in Australia and all we told were Irish jokes most of the time. And if it stops being good natured then you make a complaint - the nanny state will love you.

So what - someone sees you with some smoking hot Thai girl - most people in Brisbane ask me on the quiet if she's got any friends or sisters they could meet. It's all in your head mate. Be proud and stand up for yourself. If someone dares to say anything bad that you think is discriminatory then you stand them down. What - are you a girl's blouse? And I know you're not, but I just can't resist saying that you sound like just another whinging pom! Grow up - screw your head on, and be a man for a change.

yeah i probably do think too much,just my nature,it doesnt bother me too much im just thinking can i be bothered with it on down the line and wanted to know if other people had similar situations,banter is good fun but what im getting at is the same one track mind from people who dont really know what they are talking about, thats all.

nice replys though thanks

Its not too bad for me im 32yrs old but yeah i see some farang - thai matches and age difference but if it makes them happy go for it,its probably worse for older guys than me,especially as some people have an ex-wife,farang son or daughter and im sure they think negative and worry about them getting taken for a ride!!nice pun :hubbahubba:

i think the main problem is that others are jealous.

many are stuck in marriages with kids and maybe never had a real good time before all that.

many wish they could go out and be looked upon as an adonis and anything they want is available.

i done the marriage thing early in life and was single for many Years and did'nt travel to Thailand until i was almost 40.

12 Years later i make no excuses for letting Ladies take care of an old man.

My sister has a friend who is a pretty blonde, bue-eyed German girl married to a black GI. She said if she was with her husband, there was no problem. But when she was by herself, many of the same black women would really be nasty to her! Seems women take it as an insult when one of "their" men prefers someone from another race.

yeah i probably do think too much,just my nature,it doesnt bother me too much im just thinking can i be bothered with it on down the line and wanted to know if other people had similar situations,banter is good fun but what im getting at is the same one track mind from people who dont really know what they are talking about, thats all.

nice replys though thanks

Aside from my earlier remarks that condensed read: "F**K them!", I will comment a little further, because what you've raised in your post does have some long term relevance to life. Briefly I was married to Japanese for 5 years and then to a Thai for 20 years, all resident in NZ. No bar girls these. But! NZ society has the same amount of ignorance as any other. My Japanese wife and I attracted negative comments from the aged generation who'd fought in WW2. I often countered that my pretty as a doll wife had never killed anyone. The Thai wife and some of her friends often attracted comments relating to prostitution, my counter was that she spoke 6 languages, and was just better than the farm girls that Kiwis seem to hold in awe. Now in the 21st century, NZ is getting so multi cultural that it's the Chinese they're worried about us marrying. We're an island nation, used to be the Dutch/Greeks/Italians in my parents day. The moral is, I guess, change is constant, ignore the ignorant.

My sister has a friend who is a pretty blonde, bue-eyed German girl married to a black GI. She said if she was with her husband, there was no problem. But when she was by herself, many of the same black women would really be nasty to her! Seems women take it as an insult when one of "their" men prefers someone from another race.

I still think that the innate attraction women feel for the foreign man (even from the next village) which is more or less proven to be biological/genetic - is one side of the coin and the other side of the coin is the apparent rejection by those of the peer group for a woman that makes this choice. I.e. women who've already hitched their wagon to one group will resist any incursion to that group from members of another. I'm reasonably convinced that it's women who create community, and it's they that define the rules of said community. I think that men would be happier creating dormitories for women to sleep in when not required for other duties. Indeed some societies do just that.

JMHO

Archived