Mangosteen Extract - Does Anyone Know Where To Find?

zen4dummies

The Bangkok Post recently had an article on using mangosteen extract as an aid in cancer treatment http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/health/309685/more-than-just-fruit . It sounds like they come in tablet form. I have a friend that has lung cancer. He is currently in Cambodia and I would like to take him some of these tablets. Does anyone know where I might find them? The Chinese pharmacy doesn't know, GNC never heard of them and the few pharmacies I went to didn't have any idea what I was talking about. Does anyone know where I can find this?

Thanks, zen

The Bangkok Post recently had an article on using mangosteen extract as an aid in cancer treatment http://www.bangkokpo...than-just-fruit . It sounds like they come in tablet form. I have a friend that has lung cancer. He is currently in Cambodia and I would like to take him some of these tablets. Does anyone know where I might find them? The Chinese pharmacy doesn't know, GNC never heard of them and the few pharmacies I went to didn't have any idea what I was talking about. Does anyone know where I can find this?

Thanks, zen

I can't be of any help. But Good Luck for your friend, I guess Cambo isn't the best place to become severely ill.

And if his cancer is severe those kind of natural remedies won't help I fear. It seems that in regard to acute illnesses typical Western medicine is the way to go with Chemotherapy, radiation, e.g.

As a side note. Steve Jobs might have died because he delayed the usual hardcore Western cancer treatment with strong meds e.g. in favour of natural healing (or how it is called in English). He went to Germany to a hospital specialized in natural medicine. It didn't work and when he started the Western cancer treatment it was too late...

I can't be of any help. But Good Luck for your friend, I guess Cambo isn't the best place to become severely ill.

Mike has been to VA hospitals in the US for treatment and they tell him that it is inoperable. This came up on him rather suddenly this year. He had some chemotherapy and responded well but would rather be hanging out in Cambodia than Chicago. A big concern for him is that he does not overstay his health and get so sick that he cannot fly. He knows what he is doing and feels lucky that he has been well enough to spend several months in Asia.

"And if his cancer is severe those kind of natural remedies won't help I fear."

In an email that I got this morning he said that he was not interested in mangosteen. He has done a lot of research on the problem and it turns out that there are a lot of natural medicines available.

zen

Mike has been to VA hospitals in the US for treatment and they tell him that it is inoperable. This came up on him rather suddenly this year. He had some chemotherapy and responded well but would rather be hanging out in Cambodia than Chicago. A big concern for him is that he does not overstay his health and get so sick that he cannot fly. He knows what he is doing and feels lucky that he has been well enough to spend several months in Asia.

In an email that I got this morning he said that he was not interested in mangosteen. He has done a lot of research on the problem and it turns out that there are a lot of natural medicines available.

zen

Hopefully he has enough time to enjoy his stay in Cambo! I think PP can be a very pleasant place for the last days. A small, laid back and easy to navigate city, friendly people, sitting at FCC watching the Mekong flow by, playing pool at Sharky's, having some fun with the girls...

I hope - this is not meant cynical at all - that the end comes fast without too much pain.

zen

"A drowning man will clutch at straws."

Sadly, I suspect this is what he is doing. I worked in endocrinology and immunology for a long time, and the cure rate for home / natural remedies in advanced cases is zero. But there are plenty of people out there that will promise you any and everything. (Remember the guy pushing coloidal silver at the weekly meet a year ago?)

Be on the look out for people who just want to take his money. Help him to enjoy what he has left.

"A drowning man will clutch at straws."

Sadly, I suspect this is what he is doing. I worked in endocrinology and immunology for a long time, and the cure rate for home / natural remedies in advanced cases is zero. But there are plenty of people out there that will promise you any and everything. (Remember the guy pushing coloidal silver at the weekly meet a year ago?)

Be on the look out for people who just want to take his money. Help him to enjoy what he has left.

I guess In the end one of the most important meds will be the right dose of hardcore pain killers (morphine, e.g.) - that's from experience of seing my father dying on Pancreas cancer; he didn't get the proper painkillers at that time. frown.gif

The Bangkok Post recently had an article on using mangosteen extract as an aid in cancer treatment http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/health/309685/more-than-just-fruit . It sounds like they come in tablet form. I have a friend that has lung cancer. He is currently in Cambodia and I would like to take him some of these tablets. Does anyone know where I might find them? The Chinese pharmacy doesn't know, GNC never heard of them and the few pharmacies I went to didn't have any idea what I was talking about. Does anyone know where I can find this?

Thanks, zen

I have seen it in the baking section of some stores. For example Tesco.

Archived