How The Rest Of The Planet Sees Suk

gobbledonk

52 posts since Feb '08 and you saved that for number 53 ? Sir, I admire your restraint, but I dont think the folks at Siam Paragon were too concerned with the names of the BTS stations - they just want Farang to get a cab from Swampy straight to their glittering palace of consumer excess. :beer:

I still think its a good map, if not necessarily the most accurate - its not to scale, has some very interesting typos and neither NEP nor Cowboy appears in flashing neon. That said, there is a hell of a lot going on in the small area covered by the map - I still think its useful.

Gobbie 9281 Posts and you still think Siam Paragon is on Sukhumvit?

I know it's the longest road in Thailand but not that long, it ends to the west where the expressway runs over the end of it, you may have heard of soi Zero by chance!

To the West it is first Ploenchit up till Central World then it becomes Thanon Rama I.

As for it being a good map I suppose it is if you are stuck in the dark and distant past but nowadays most of us tend to carry some form of "Smart Device" and have access to Google Maps in our pocket and at our finder tips.

As for it being a good map I suppose it is if you are stuck in the dark and distant past but nowadays most of us tend to carry some form of "Smart Device" and have access to Google Maps in our pocket and at our finder tips.

In regard to the use of google maps in LOS. As a tourist I don't use it. Last time in LOS I went online for 20-30 min. or so via internet roaming. The bill was like 100 €....

And before others jump in: my iPhone is still locked and I don't have a second smart phone for a local SIM card and on holiday I never cared for a local SIM.

Gobbie 9281 Posts and you still think Siam Paragon is on Sukhumvit?

I know it's the longest road in Thailand but not that long, it ends to the west where the expressway runs over the end of it, you may have heard of

soi Zero

by chance!

To the West it is first Ploenchit up till Central World then it becomes Thanon Rama I.

Hmmmmm. Soi Zero. Is that were the Soi Zero bar was located?

In regard to the use of google maps in LOS. As a tourist I don't use it. Last time in LOS I went online for 20-30 min. or so via internet roaming. The bill was like 100 €....

And before others jump in: my iPhone is still locked and I don't have a second smart phone for a local SIM card and on holiday I never cared for a local SIM.

There is a desk outside the arrivals at the airport where they will give you a free SIM card with 50 Baht on it, just show your passport, quick and easy!

Archived